afsenior's Content

There have been 6 items by afsenior (Search limited from 18-October 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#50968 Kinship List Title problem

Posted by afsenior on 23 May 2012 - 02:51 PM in Discussion

Update...

Problem fixed.
User Error = me!
Renee wins a cookie!

Thanks Renee !!!

#50933 Kinship List Title problem

Posted by afsenior on 20 May 2012 - 07:53 AM in Discussion

Alfred,
Thanks for your reply.
I don't think I changed that but apparently, I did.
I have again reinstalled RM5, updated it to 5.0.3.1. Also, I highlighted my record again with my name changed for testing purposes.
Selected Kinship List and changed nothing regarding title. As you said, it shows "Kinship List - [Person]" with my new name shown in preview.
Generated the report and the new Kinship List shows my relatives as it should but the title is my old name. I can't imagine what I did to it.
I suppose I will call support on Monday.
Thanks again,
Art

#50930 Kinship List Title problem

Posted by afsenior on 19 May 2012 - 04:16 PM in Discussion

Using Window 7 64bit and RM 5.0.3.1
I have been printing reports all afternoon for a family notebook for a relative.
The last 2 reports are Kinship Lists for my wife and me. After successfully printing one for me, I changed the settings for my wife's list.
I highlighted her record, changed my name to hers in the title line and generated the list. All the folks listed are her relatives but the title still has my name in it.
Checked and rechecked everything multiple times and still bad. Restarted computer and even powered down. still no fix. During all this, I even blanked the title out completely... no change. Reloaded and updated RM5 and got same results. Can anyone suggest what I may have done to mess this thing up?
Thanks,
Art

#48873 Data Checking...

Posted by afsenior on 23 January 2012 - 03:57 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

Wow,
It was not my wish to start an "oh yeah!" argument here. I mentioned the issue in what I thought was a humorous tone. Thanks for the lesson, now I know.
Alfred, regarding Problem Search reporting function, let me ask you a question. If you can program a data check routine to catch errors after the fact, why not put the code in the data entry function and stop it from coming into the records at all. I suggest you create some of the bad data in one of your records and then see how much of it clears Problem Search. I did and it does not get it all. Bless you Alfred, have a wonderful day...

#48819 Data Checking...

Posted by afsenior on 21 January 2012 - 10:17 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

Maybe I am missing something here but RootsMagic allows way too much "bad data" to be entered into the records.
I just entered the following person as a child of my wife and me to illustrate my point:
Name: dr. data Checker esq.
Sex: Male
Born: 31 Jan 1867
sant louis' mx
Died: 15 April 2012
St. Louis City, Misouri
The lack of common sense data check routines in RM allow obviously incorrect information, punctuation and spelling errors.
I hope something can be done about this situation soon. What I am pointing out is not a new problem for the information processing industry.
Perhaps pay a Contract Programmer a few bucks????

#47214 Remaining bugs in RM4

Posted by afsenior on 02 December 2011 - 04:03 PM in Discussion

I am not real sure the question was fully answered for me.

The question of continued "updates to RM4" is really twofold:
A. Will further "updates" be made to RM4?
I think the answer is NO.
B. Will "bugs" in RM4 be fixed?
The answer is unclear to me.

I find it difficult to believe the answer to question B is/should be NO.
If it is then perhaps "upgrade" to RM5 should be free to current users of RM5.
(There isn't a lot of difference between $19.95 plus shipping and the price of x)