syboutsen's Content

There have been 5 items by syboutsen (Search limited from 17-January 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#14611 Number in my database

Posted by syboutsen on 18 July 2006 - 08:50 AM in RootsMagic 3

How do I find out how many people I have in my database?

#14610 Changing Root person

Posted by syboutsen on 18 July 2006 - 08:47 AM in RootsMagic 3

How do I change the root person?

#8076 no floppy drive

Posted by syboutsen on 29 August 2005 - 04:39 PM in RootsMagic 3

QUOTE(Alfred @ Aug 28 2005, 04:27 PM)
I bought a $40 external 3" floppy drive at WalMart about two years ago. I have used it about two or three times.  Floppies are just about too small for anything anymore. Get yourself a USB flash memory device, you can get them 256MB, 512MB and 1GB now, and larger sizes shortly.

But, for backups, you can make permanent backups to CDs by sending the backup to the hard drive and copying that zip file to a CD with the CD writiong software.

The CD is probably large enough to hold several backups, you could store a weeks worth of backups on your hard drive, with dated names,  then copy them all to one CD for archival purposes.

View Post

I use a CD burner so will try that before I buy an external floppy drive. Thanks for the info.

#8075 no floppy drive

Posted by syboutsen on 29 August 2005 - 04:35 PM in RootsMagic 3

QUOTE(Alfred @ Aug 28 2005, 04:27 PM)
I bought a $40 external 3" floppy drive at WalMart about two years ago. I have used it about two or three times.  Floppies are just about too small for anything anymore. Get yourself a USB flash memory device, you can get them 256MB, 512MB and 1GB now, and larger sizes shortly.

But, for backups, you can make permanent backups to CDs by sending the backup to the hard drive and copying that zip file to a CD with the CD writiong software.

The CD is probably large enough to hold several backups, you could store a weeks worth of backups on your hard drive, with dated names,  then copy them all to one CD for archival purposes.

View Post

#8070 no floppy drive

Posted by syboutsen on 28 August 2005 - 04:15 PM in RootsMagic 3

My other computer died. I had faithfully backed up onto floppies with no problems.
I bought a laptop (my first) but it came without a floppy drive. Now I do not know how to back up except to Drive C. I would like to backup to a CD if possible. How do I go about this?? Or do I have to go and buy an external floppy drive if that is possible. I have not checked to see if possible. sad.gif Marlene