dandie's Content

There have been 5 items by dandie (Search limited from 18-November 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#70701 Cannot copy and paste

Posted by dandie on 10 February 2015 - 06:09 PM in Issues

I did try Kevin's suggestion and reset to default.  That did help somewhat.  I still get the small pop-up windows for anything I want edit.

However, now, the procedure is this:

1) open edit person

2) click on the fact to be changed

3) click either Sources or Notes in the Details screen

4) click Edit and the little pop-up appears

5) click pop-up to open full screen

6) click Edit and Edit is now working!!!!!

So, thank you Kevin for the improvement.

Surely, I'm happy that now I can make changes.....but every time I do, it takes at least 6-8 clicks to do what used to get done with 3 or 4 clicks.  

To answer Tom...it was all those things.....it was as if Edit had been put in the freezer!!

#70696 Cannot copy and paste

Posted by dandie on 10 February 2015 - 11:39 AM in Issues

First, I have to open to full screen, then click Edit.  The only thing that happens is a repeat of that Edit screen.  No matter how many times I try, I keep getting the little box as you see in my attachment.  

#70684 Cannot copy and paste

Posted by dandie on 09 February 2015 - 05:37 PM in Issues

This is an example of what I see every time I wish to Edit.

Problem_pop_up.jpg

#70680 Cannot copy and paste

Posted by dandie on 09 February 2015 - 02:02 PM in Issues

Thank you, TomH for  your reply.  I do apologize for the script font...I thought I had selected Comic MS.  

Yes, I did run through the File>Database Tools...no problem.  Now, to that pop-up problem.  I'm beginning to wonder if it is a local problem I am encountering since installing RM7.....I see that no one else is complaining about it.  I'll try to describe it: when I click on a listed source in my database, and then click Edit, a small window appears in the upper left hand corner. It's about three by three and a half inches on my screen. It shows the title (Edit Source), three tabs (Citation, Master text, and Media) and two options: OK and Cancel. I also have the option to display on full screen, which, of course, I do. The same routine occurs anywhere in my RM7...whenever I click on Edit.  So, I get back to the main point.....I can no longer cut and paste.  If my poor attempt to explain cannot be useful, is there a way I could attach a couple of those pop-ups to this forum?

#70678 Cannot copy and paste

Posted by dandie on 09 February 2015 - 12:09 PM in Issues

I've been a RM user since 2003 and now with RM7, I cannot cut and paste, one of my favorite things to do!  I think it has something to do with that maddening little pop-up appearing in the top left corner of my screen.  I also cannot open Edit now.  I have tons of sources and remarks ready to add and have found no way around that little pop-up.  I've search Help...couldn't find anything.  My anti virus is McAfee and am using Widows 7 and Chrome.

Believe me, any help I can get will be so much appreciated.....I want RM to be a joy, not something to raise my blood pressure!!!