Dori Partsch's Content

There have been 5 items by Dori Partsch (Search limited from 19-July 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#83971 Error code 183 prevents installation

Posted by Dori Partsch on 02 July 2017 - 10:34 AM in Issues

Thanks, TomH.  I got RootsMagic up and running again after a CCleaner sweep, although the RM update still indicated it would be overwriting an RM file in the Program folder.  So instead, I installed the update in another folder.

#83942 Error code 183 prevents installation

Posted by Dori Partsch on 01 July 2017 - 02:22 PM in Issues

Still struggling here, too.  I tried to uninstall Rootsmagic and start fresh, but am getting "access denied" due to its thinking that I'm not the administrator.  I checked Google for how to resolve that issue in Windows 10, but I'm not getting the required choices from the Security window under Properties for the Rootsmagic.exe file.  The required choices would have let me set myself as administrator, apparently, but I just get another denial message.  

P.S.  Before trying to uninstall Rootsmagic, I discovered that the program would no longer open.  It had opened fine, as usual, until the failed attempt to install the 7.5 update.

#83895 Error code 183 prevents installation

Posted by Dori Partsch on 30 June 2017 - 05:35 PM in Issues

Tried the full install, get same error message, but now with more information:  "MoveFile failed.  Cannot create a file when that file already exists."

#83889 Error code 183 prevents installation

Posted by Dori Partsch on 30 June 2017 - 03:42 PM in Issues

This message appeared during three attempts to update to RM 7.5:  "Error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination folder."

What to do?

#82265 GEDCOM, set to privatize, included individuals marked "Living"

Posted by Dori Partsch on 27 January 2017 - 02:39 PM in Discussion

I created a GEDCOM of everyone in my database except living and recently deceased people, and some others with unknown dates, and I had checked them all as "Living."  For exporting from the database, I had checked "Privatize living people" and had left the defaults, "Full Name," and "Full date and place." Upon importing the GEDCOM, some of these individuals are included, still with the check mark for "Living."  What would account for this?

As an alternative, is there a way to remove quite a large group of people (living, recently deceased) all at once from the database rather than one at a time or one family at a time?