Uncle Rusty's Content

There have been 4 items by Uncle Rusty (Search limited from 05-December 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#15219 Gedcom a tree

Posted by Uncle Rusty on 17 August 2006 - 09:57 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

I just found your response Alfred. I just posted how I had done the gedcom export by making a new database.
I did not take it a step further in the export gedcom choice to see the choices. I will give it a try - anything to make it easier is great. laugh.gif

#15218 Splitting Data Base

Posted by Uncle Rusty on 17 August 2006 - 09:49 PM in RootsMagic 3

I had a similar problem, which I may have listed on another forum.
I wanted to be able to export a gedcom of a selected family tree from a root person rather than select individual members and export them. Selecting names out of hundreds can be challenging blink.gif .
I solved the problem for now by creating a new database, named for the desired root person.
I then add the root person into the new database, typing his or her name as the first individual in the database.
Having both the original and new databases open, I then "click and drag" the original person into his or her name in the new database. Up pops a menu asking if ancestors, spouses, descendants, etc... are to be copied as well. I mark the choice and Wow biggrin.gif , a whole new database of a selected tree. I can now make a specific gedcom file from the new database.

#15051 Gedcom a tree

Posted by Uncle Rusty on 07 August 2006 - 07:37 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

[font=Times New Roman]
I would like to be able to select a family tree from a database to make a Gedcom file of a particular family.
It seems the two choices are all or pick and choose method.
I would like to create a gedcom much like the choices given to drop and drag menu in merging
For example, a ninth cousin may want the gedcom file of our common ancestral eighth great grandfather.
He would not be interested in other branches of the tree.

#15048 Adoption

Posted by Uncle Rusty on 07 August 2006 - 07:26 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

[font=Times New Roman]
I would like a modification of adoption method on the Fact List.
The fact list tries to force the adoption of a child to both parents.
There are a number of families wherein the step parent would adopt the child of the spouse.
(I know that the record can be kept in the family edit).