Frank Morton's Content

There have been 6 items by Frank Morton (Search limited from 11-November 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#18612 Restore on Vista

Posted by Frank Morton on 22 May 2007 - 02:51 AM in RootsMagic 3

Larry

Try this, right click on the Rootsmagic icon on vista desktop. Click on properties, click on compatibility, check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' and then choose Windows XP (service pack 2) then apply. Most of the problems (not all) I experienced with vista seems to have 'ironed' itself out.

Frank

#14850 Compiling databases

Posted by Frank Morton on 31 July 2006 - 04:22 PM in RootsMagic 3

I must have been crazy in running four databases for four lines of family names. My wife says that I am a "sandwich short of a picnic". Anyway, my next question is, how can I safely merge all four databases into one. I have already checked for dupilcates in each database and packed each database before I start to do any merging.

My knees are knocking at the prospect of ending up with dupilcate persons, unknown spouses or losing people in the database. I would appreciate your guidance, bearing mind that I am a little slow on the uptake.

Regards

Frank...

#14833 Compiling databases

Posted by Frank Morton on 31 July 2006 - 09:54 AM in RootsMagic 3

unsure.gif Hi,

I have four lines of family history that I am entering into RM. My wife's Mother's side and her Father's side and my Mother's side and my Fathers side. Thats four seperate databases in all.

Is it best to merge my wife's two family names into one and my two family names into one making just two databases instead of having four databases.

I am not sure what the norm is when compiling family history databases. Your advice would be appreciated

Regards

Frank..

#14664 Wall Charts in PDF

Posted by Frank Morton on 20 July 2006 - 02:00 PM in RootsMagic 3

QUOTE(Bob C @ Jul 20 2006, 05:34 PM) View Post

Frank,

As Don pointed out, you cannot save to a pdf file but you can download a pdf printer and then print to a pdf file that creates a pdf file for you can attach to an email. The problem with this is that the pdf file is probably going to be multiple pages that have to be put together on the other end with tape.

Also see http://www.rootsmagi...?showtopic=3565

Hi,

Thanks to Bob and Don's suggestions, I exported an entire wall chart to *.jpg then converted this to a PDF file which I was able to save in pdf format. It turned out with excellent results. I was able to Zoom in or out on the chart whilst in PDF format. Ok, if my recipient wanted to print it out, it will span several pages and have to tape them all together. My main purpose was to attach a wall chart in pdf format and email it. In my case, the above has worked. I use Adobe Acrobat 6

Many thanks for your suggestions

Frank......

#14662 Wall Charts in PDF

Posted by Frank Morton on 20 July 2006 - 10:28 AM in RootsMagic 3

QUOTE(don @ Jul 20 2006, 05:16 PM) View Post

On the RootsMagic menu bar File>Export> this will show you the various formats the chart can be exported to. Choose one of those that can be read by all Windows based computers, .emf, .bmp, .jpg. I don't know if the other 3 choices can be read by Windows without the program that creates that type file.

To answer the original question, the chart cannot be saved as a PDF file.

#14660 Wall Charts in PDF

Posted by Frank Morton on 20 July 2006 - 10:08 AM in RootsMagic 3

Hi,

Sorry to post this again, I did not realise that I had to register on the forum. I thought perhaps I would not get an answer if unregistered. I have been using Roots magic for a couple of years and often wanted to save a wall chart in PDF format so that I can send to relations. As most other reports in Roots Magic are capable of doing this, is there a way that wall charts can be done in the same way.

Many Thanks

Frank Morton