Madge's Content

There have been 6 items by Madge (Search limited from 22-September 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#94406 Funeral Attendees

Posted by Madge on 08 July 2019 - 02:31 AM in Discussion

Most times when I've gone to a funeral there will be someone at the door taking names and often the local paper will run an Obituary which will give these names plus the relationship to the deceased and who they are representing, great for picking up previously unknown relationships and background to the life of the deceased.

#94386 Funeral Attendees

Posted by Madge on 07 July 2019 - 04:23 AM in Discussion

I haven't found many wills yet, the few that I do have aren't very helpful for family history purposes, apart from some astronomical amounts of money that seem to have disappeared or completely by-passed me. :)  :)  :)

#94367 Funeral Attendees

Posted by Madge on 06 July 2019 - 08:01 AM in Discussion

Nettie, that is wonderful, the sentence does exactly what I want.  Thank you so much.

#94358 Funeral Attendees

Posted by Madge on 05 July 2019 - 11:43 AM in Discussion

Apologies if this has been asked before, how do others record the names of people who attend funerals.  I've got a couple of obituaries from the USA that give details of Pall Bearers etc., here in the UK we usually just list the people who attend funerals along with their relationship to the deceased.  I would like to record under individual names that they attended the funeral, a sentence along the lines of "he/she attended the funeral of (name of deceased) at (Place, Church)".

If someone could write me a sentence along those lines I would be really grateful as I get very bogged down and they never seem to make sense, or does anyone have any better ideas.

Thank you.

#93495 Old Discs

Posted by Madge on 06 April 2019 - 03:43 AM in Discussion

Thank you Debbie, I had a feeling that the upgrades installed the whole programme but wasn't sure.

Margaret.

#93493 Old Discs

Posted by Madge on 06 April 2019 - 02:44 AM in Discussion

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this query.  What do I do with my old RM Discs, can I ditch them just keeping my V7 UK Upgrade?

Margaret