latendre's Content

There have been 4 items by latendre (Search limited from 26-January 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1532 Narrative reports ancestors and children

Posted by latendre on 19 June 2004 - 09:42 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

Here's an example of the above problem. Here, Al MM should be listed in the third generation with the number 14, since he is an ancestor of Bill M.
================================================

First Generation
1. Bill M was born date unknown.

Second Generation
2. Joe MM was born date unknown.
3. Mary MF was born date unknown. Joe MM and Mary MF had the following children:
_________1 i. Bill M.

Third Generation
4. Harry MMM was born date unknown. Harry MMM and Sue MMF were married.
5. Sue MMF was born date unknown. Harry MMM and Sue MMF had the following children:
_________2 i. Joe MM.
__________ii. Al MM was born date unknown.

6. Pete MFM was born date unknown. Pete MFM and Tina MFF were married.
7. Tina MFF was born date unknown. Pete MFM and Tina MFF had the following children:
_________3 i. Mary MF.

Fourth Generation
14. Al MM was born date unknown. Al MM and Alice MFFF were married.
15. Alice MFFF was born date unknown. Al MM and Alice MFFF had the following children:
_________7 i. Tina MFF.

Fifth Generation
28. Harry MMM is the same as person number 4.
29. Sue MMF is the same as person number 5.

#1530 Narrative reports ancestors and children

Posted by latendre on 19 June 2004 - 08:47 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

I have some ancestors I descend from in multiple ways. The parents get their numbers from multiplying the child number by two (father) and adding one (mother). This happens for the first occurance only. When you descend from a marriage in two different ways, it's possible that the parents' numbers will be smaller than one of their children since the second child can descend down through more generations making their number bigger.

The narrative report will only print out a number in front of a child only if that child has a number lower than the parent. I like the number printed because it helps distinguish between children that are ancestors and children that aren't.

It would be nice if this capability could be added.

Thanks

#1529 More generations in printouts

Posted by latendre on 19 June 2004 - 08:30 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

You're right! What I was doing was clicking
the up arrow to the right of the number and
it wouldn't go above 32. So I then thought it
wouldn't go higher.

Thanks

#1016 More generations in printouts

Posted by latendre on 24 May 2004 - 07:11 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

I happen to splice into some genealogical lines that go back to Charlemagne and even Adam and Eve. Some may argue the validity of these genealogies but they are nevertheless fun. I can not print Ahnentafel reports going back further than 32 generations. I suspect that this is due to the software using 32 bit integers. I would like to be able to print more than 32 generations. There are probably a thousand different ways for a programmer to overcome this problem. For instance, maybe the generations could go like 1, 2, ... , 32, A1, A2, ... , A32, B1, ... , B32, C1, ..., &c.

Thanks,

Kevin