sue3's Content

There have been 8 items by sue3 (Search limited from 23-September 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#91995 web tag behavior on RM 7 websites

Posted by sue3 on 10 December 2018 - 07:26 PM in Discussion

Thanks - I'm aware of that - but I'm thinking of other users

Sue

#91974 web tag behavior on RM 7 websites

Posted by sue3 on 09 December 2018 - 02:53 PM in Discussion

Hi

When an individual's web tag (found at the bottom of an individual's page) is clicked from an RM7 website, the site opens in a new tab.

But, when the web tag for a source or citation is clicked, the site opens in the same tab. This doesn't work well because it is awkward to return to your starting point. The back arrow returns you to the person's page, not the popped-out screen that the citation was in. It's confusing because a person has to remember which event's citations she was looking at, and click on that icon again to return to the starting point.

I would like to be able to choose which behavior I wanted for each web tag, or at least for the webtags of a particular type, but I didn't see any option anywhere to be able to choose. Am I missing something?

Sue

#91944 webtags sort order

Posted by sue3 on 06 December 2018 - 03:43 PM in Discussion

Thanks!

#91927 webtags sort order

Posted by sue3 on 05 December 2018 - 05:45 PM in Discussion

Hi - 

If a source or citation has multiple webtags, I can't see a way to easily sort them. And, the order they are in inside Rootsmagic (at the screen for adding/ editing webtags) is different from the order they are in once the database is online in myRootsmagic.

It looks like that at the edit screen, the webtags are in alphabetical order, but first by capital letters, then lower case. The order online appears to be the order that the webtags were entered. 

I really like the ability to show multiple webtags for one source/citation, but would like to be able to sort them more easily.

As an example, I have images on my Google Photos of 6 pages from a family Bible, and have 6 webtags linking to the photos. I would like to be able to sort them in the logical order without having to remember which order I'm entering them in - especially since the database itself shows them differently than they show online.

Am I missing something? If not, I would like this capability to be added.

Thanks

Sue

#91790 My Roots Magic Publishing Feature wish list

Posted by sue3 on 27 November 2018 - 04:31 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

I did as you suggested, Renee, (waited for a couple hours before republishing) and now my images are expanding correctly. It may have been the timing, but it may have been due to the following:

When I published the times it didn't work, in the initial setup I had checked the box to include Primary Photos Only, but had not checked the box labeled Photos. After publishing, I did add the check for Show Photos in the Site Settings, but the photos showed only as thumbnails.

Later, when I published I checked to include Photos (and Primary Photos only) in the initial publishing. This time it worked correctly.

#91751 My Roots Magic Publishing Feature wish list

Posted by sue3 on 25 November 2018 - 04:05 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

Hi - 

I used to be able to fix the issue on my website where the tiny thumbnail photo for an event does not expand - by deleting and republishing the database. However that no longer works. 

Is there something else I can do?

Sue

#91115 How to search for Spouse notes

Posted by sue3 on 20 September 2018 - 09:23 AM in Discussion

Thanks. I can manage with 'contains' for now.

Am I right that Note (Family) includes the note for the Spouse/Parents field as well as the notes for all the family facts (like marriage?). Is there a way to limit the choice to just the Spouse/Parents note?

#91079 How to search for Spouse notes

Posted by sue3 on 17 September 2018 - 01:26 PM in Discussion

Hi -

I'm trying to find the people in my database who have an entry in the Spouse notes field (and to see those notes). I'm referring to the line at the top of the Edit Person screen that says Spouse.

I've tried using the Individual List under Reports, and selected people by data fields. I think that choosing Note (general) "is not blank" returns people with the Individual General fact; and choosing Note (family) "is not blank" chooses everyone with any family note (like a Marriage note). 

I've created a custom report, but the only relevant choice is Note (general), which, again, is just the Individual General note.

Do I have this right? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks