Norman Law's Content

There have been 7 items by Norman Law (Search limited from 16-January 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#85700 7,5.2 - Access violations and TreeShare problems

Posted by Norman Law on 30 August 2017 - 04:15 AM in Issues

I'll try but I did wait quite a while. The tree opens fine when I then start RM again.

#85559 7,5.2 - Access violations and TreeShare problems

Posted by Norman Law on 26 August 2017 - 04:23 AM in Issues

My Treeshare with Access Violation problem is different.

After downloading from Ancestry and creating a new RM database the process goes on to downloading all the media. This takes some time (3912 items). That process then completes and shows 100%. If I then close the dialog I'm informed that there are outstanding processes and I'm given the option to wait or cancel the processes. Waiting doesn't acheive anything so I eventually cancelled and received the Access Violation error message. I sent the error report and tried again but there is no way to exit the dialog without generating a new error. I have to resort to using the Task manager.

This was also the problem I was having during the beta testing and was never cured.

Edit - Using ver 7.5.3.0

#81402 Wall Charts

Posted by Norman Law on 18 November 2016 - 12:39 AM in Discussion

It works that way on a Win10 PC too. Thanks for the tip, I hadn't tried that.

#81385 Wall Charts

Posted by Norman Law on 17 November 2016 - 06:34 AM in Discussion

When you get the components dialog there should be a list of the elements that make up the box. Something like Shadow, Box, Name and Events. You need to select Name or Event then "Properties" in order to edit the text within the box.

#80948 Wall Charts

Posted by Norman Law on 19 September 2016 - 02:59 AM in Discussion

It's a shame but when RM gets installed it doesn't create the affinity between .RMC files and the charting program that was installed at the same time.

Find the chart you saved and right click on it. Select the option to "open with", You will be presented with some suggestions but you should scroll down and select the option for "another program on this PC". Navigate to where your RM is installed (probably C:\Program Files\RootsMagic 7. Then select RMChart.exe. Then select the option to "always use this program". In future you will be able to double click on a .RMC file and the chart program will start automatically.

#80930 County Check error

Posted by Norman Law on 16 September 2016 - 04:41 AM in Issues

Actually it was Great Britain that was created in 1707. The United Kingdom was not created until 1801 when Ireland (laterly Northern Ireland) was united with Gt. Britain to become the United Kingdom of Great Britain and (Northern) Ireland.  :rolleyes:

#80916 Is it possible to change the Background Color of an Individual Name Block

Posted by Norman Law on 14 September 2016 - 05:03 AM in Discussion

How about this.

Create an empty group by selecting people by data fields and then not selecting anyone. When asked give it a name. Then for every person you want to flag add them via "Quick groups". You could then apply a colour to those people in the group but, in any case, you would be able to report on just the members of your group.