gramssearch's Content

There have been 7 items by gramssearch (Search limited from 22-July 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#93525 Custom Reports

Posted by gramssearch on 11 April 2019 - 09:24 AM in Discussion

You can create a group using the filter "Genetic lines of highlighted person" then use it in your report. 

If you want the direct female ancestors select: Mitochondrial DNA Line (mitDNA) and Ancestors of highlighted person

Thanks so much, but X matches are different than mitochondrial. X matches contain direct females from both paternal and maternal.  btw- The video was great and I was able to produce the mitochondrial list. 

#93524 Custom Reports

Posted by gramssearch on 11 April 2019 - 09:13 AM in Discussion

I don't think RM can produce this report. You might want to check out Charting Companion from Progeny Software, I believe that would produce the chart you're after.

thanks, I'm familiar with this program, but would rather not pay the $ for it.

#93521 Custom Reports

Posted by gramssearch on 11 April 2019 - 07:11 AM in Discussion

Is there a way to create an X-DNA Match Report? X-DNA comes from the direct female ancestors of both maternal and paternal ancestors. So another way to think of the report would be to list all direct female ancestors of a given person. Thanks! 

#92740 Tree Share Connection Lost

Posted by gramssearch on 31 January 2019 - 12:26 AM in Issues

Did you have RM support test using your login?

Thanks Renee. I didn't know this was possible. But just 'tested' my RM7 and it seems to be working fine today. hmmm... maybe it was just too cold the other day :D

#92733 Tree Share Connection Lost

Posted by gramssearch on 30 January 2019 - 06:42 AM in Issues

HI All, I'm new here so please bear with me. I recently purchased RootsMagic and have tried to login to Ancestry Treeshare but nothing happens, I have been in touch with Ancestry and Rootmagic, both gave me advice on what to do but nothing worked. RM have gone quiet and Ancestry says they have passed it onto the Tech department.

It's getting very frustrating

Any ideas that could help me?

Sorry that your first experience is not going well. The sync between Ancestry and RM had been broken a bit ago, then repaired, and now it's broken again. Fingers crossed that they get it figured out soon!

#92529 Ancestry Not Responding Dialog (windows)

Posted by gramssearch on 18 January 2019 - 02:16 AM in Issues

The "Ancestry is not responding" message is due to the Ancestry API being down. Auto login is trying to reconnect in the background. Go to Tools>File Options>WebHint and uncheck Ancestry. This will stop WebHints from trying to login. Don't disconnect your tree, because the connection cannot be restored without a backup.

thanks so much! I was having the same problem with RM7 freezing, and unchecking ancestry.com webhints did the trick.

#92507 Tree Share Connection Lost

Posted by gramssearch on 17 January 2019 - 08:07 AM in Issues

so glad that RM tech is working to fix this! Thanks!