mapleleaf's Content

There have been 13 items by mapleleaf (Search limited from 10-April 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#98820 RM8 Forum

Posted by mapleleaf on 04 January 2021 - 11:31 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

TomH had a post yesterday about a Feedback Log. I can't find his post here anymore. Was it removed? 

#98801 RM8 Forum

Posted by mapleleaf on 02 January 2021 - 04:16 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

A few trolls managed to join this forum in the past and posted spam. Is that the security concern? Facebook is filled with spammers, trolls, and fake identities! 

Try to bold some text in a Facebook reply for emphasis. It doesn't work. 

#98799 Support for RM 7

Posted by mapleleaf on 02 January 2021 - 03:51 AM in Discussion

The announcement on Jan. 1, 2021, quoted below is disturbing. So "RootsMagic 7 will continue to be sold and updated when needed" but you're taking away this forum in the "near future"? 

For those interested in RootsMagic 8 the discussions will be on our RootsMagic 8 Community Preview Facebook page. The RootsMagic forums will be retired in the near future, due to no migration path to move forward and having become a security concern. For now you can continue to use the forums to discuss RootsMagic 7. The RootsMagic Blog gives information on joining the RootsMagic 8 Community Preview.

http://blog.rootsmagic.com/?p=3438

Renee
RootsMagic

This forum has tons of good tips on it! Will you be copying all the helpful information to the RootsMagic help page? Or will help only be available on Facebook? 

#98797 Has the forum been closed?

Posted by mapleleaf on 02 January 2021 - 02:32 AM in Discussion

Yikes! I guess we will learn to love Facebook in the near future! http://forums.rootsm...1-rootsmagic-8/

#98756 Support for RM 7

Posted by mapleleaf on 01 January 2021 - 07:19 AM in Discussion

Will RootsMagic 7 for Windows continue to be supported? For how long?

Are you still taking feature requests for RM7? 

Will errors or problems continue be fixed? 

#98753 Relationships In RootsMagic 8

Posted by mapleleaf on 01 January 2021 - 06:10 AM in Discussion

Non-disclosure is now over. You can set relationships in RM8. In order to see the relationships, you need to have the Info panel open. The relationship no longer appears on the bottom of the screen. 

#98278 Has the forum been closed?

Posted by mapleleaf on 09 October 2020 - 02:10 PM in Discussion

Everything seems to be there: http://forums.rootsmagic.com/

Issues: http://forums.rootsm...orum/39-issues/

#97302 Missing Screen Display

Posted by mapleleaf on 20 May 2020 - 12:01 AM in Discussion

Donna, where are your other posts? Under your profile area, it says "1 posts"

To post an image, you can put the screenshot in Dropbox then share the link to it. 

Are you in the "Edit Person" window when you see that the just entered data doesn't appear? 

#96750 c0000006 error

Posted by mapleleaf on 12 March 2020 - 11:36 AM in Discussion

I've seen a similar error while using RM (not on USB). I used Windows Task Manager to stop RootsMagic ("end task") rather than shut down the entire computer. 

#96650 Disable Splash Screen

Posted by mapleleaf on 27 February 2020 - 01:00 PM in Issues

I always open a database at the same time as opening RootsMagic. I'd request that there be an option to disable the splash screen. 

#96648 Disable Splash Screen

Posted by mapleleaf on 27 February 2020 - 01:26 AM in Issues

I have the same complaint about the first screen that opens (has my name and version number).

I unchecked "Display news screen" under Tools > Program Options > General and the splash screen still opens! 

Using RM 7.6.3.0

#96336 Ancestry Hints Not Appearing

Posted by mapleleaf on 08 January 2020 - 12:16 PM in Discussion

Renee, I uploaded a tree using TreeShare in RootsMagic to Ancestry.com on a Windows 10 computer. I did not upload a GEDCOM. 

I'm now trying to upload a new tree using TreeShare. It already had 2 errors while uploading. After sending the error to RootsMagic, the upload continued where it left off. It's at 90% now. 

#96327 Ancestry Hints Not Appearing

Posted by mapleleaf on 07 January 2020 - 04:33 PM in Discussion

I don't see hints either. Under "Internet - tree share for Ancestry" I am signed in. However, my only options are to "upload and connect" or "download and connect"

I'm able to see the tree I uploaded at the Ancestry website; however, none of the people in the tree have any hints. How do I fix it? I watched the educational RootsMagic video on that topic but didn't see a solution.