rwcrooks's Content

There have been 4 items by rwcrooks (Search limited from 14-December 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#78999 Historically Correct Place Names for Canada

Posted by rwcrooks on 05 April 2016 - 12:19 PM in Discussion

I'm cleaning up my database and struggling with getting my Canadian place names historically correct.  I use a 4 portion place name in the format: Town/Parish, County, State/Province, Country.

Is there some sort of list somewhere (anywhere?) that lists when the Great White North went from New France, to British America, British North America, the Province of Canada, the United Province of Canada, the Dominion of Canada, and finally Canada?

Same thing for Upper and Lower Canada, Canada East and West, Ontario and Quebec, which I think I've nailed down.

Even my schoolteacher French-Canadian brother-in-law is at a loss to help me.

#78995 Mass Change of Citation Quality

Posted by rwcrooks on 05 April 2016 - 11:24 AM in Discussion

TomH,

I have several sets of charts and narratives from different people concerning different lines.  While I believe that these are accurate because the information in them agrees with my research, so far, they are unsourced.  So, I would have to say that they are Derivative, Secondary, Indirect in all cases.  Now if I had an actual Marriage Certificate, or Census record, I agree that the different facts found on them would have different qualities.

#78114 Mass Change of Citation Quality

Posted by rwcrooks on 17 February 2016 - 01:05 PM in Discussion

Well, it might be a good RM enhancement to change the color of a hyper-link once it's been clicked.

#78109 Mass Change of Citation Quality

Posted by rwcrooks on 17 February 2016 - 12:23 PM in Discussion

I have a couple of sources that I used extensively and when I upgraded from a prior version of RM the citation quality had more options.

I now have some citations with Don't Know, Secondary, Don't Know as the quality.  I would like to change them to Derivative, Secondary, Indirect.  They are from a family member who gave me trees without sources but I believe that she did the research.

Is there a way to mass change these citation qualities?

I can do a find everywhere with the word "vogt" which creates a list of all the citations.  And they're all hyper-linked to the citation.  But the hyper-link doesn't change color once you click on it and I can't filter out citations that I've already changed.