susieqk's Content

There have been 14 items by susieqk (Search limited from 16-July 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#92939 Issue with linking some pictures to individual

Posted by susieqk on 14 February 2019 - 01:09 PM in Discussion

Ha! I think I figured it out! I was just looking at every aspect I could think of for this picture and noted I had included the nickname in quotes in the picture name. Removed the quotation marks and then it easily linked! Thank you all so much for taking the time to try to help me! :-)

#92938 Issue with linking some pictures to individual

Posted by susieqk on 14 February 2019 - 01:05 PM in Discussion

Ah! Sorry, I don't have any jpg2000 on my computer. It's a plain .jpg but just to be absolutely sure I wasn't mistaken, I exported the picture and carefully selected .jpg it still doesn't show a thumbnail of the pic, just the green & gray boxes. Although outside of RM I can see & open the picture. It's strange that it is only certain pictures, could there be anything else I should look for in the inspector or elsewhere that might give us an idea as to why this is an issue? BTW, I was able at one time to link the pic to RM but all of a sudden it shows up in the media file of RM with a red "x", so tried to relink it and that is when the issue was noted.

#92931 Issue with linking some pictures to individual

Posted by susieqk on 14 February 2019 - 11:01 AM in Discussion

Renee Zamora: I know how to add media items to RM, as I said in my original post, I do not have the same issue with most media items (pictures) I add to RM. I just have the issue with a very few, just not sure why I have the posted issue with the few pictures I have tried to link, they are all .jpg format.

Tom H: I have link many .jpg media items to RM, it does support .jpg format so that can not be the issue.

#92917 Issue with linking some pictures to individual

Posted by susieqk on 13 February 2019 - 01:26 PM in Discussion

Most pictures I have no issue linking to the appropriate people. A few I do have the following issue when attempting to link to RM: I get an image of tiny gray & light green squares, instead of image of the picture, at the point when I try to link in RM. Tied to include a copy her but will not allow me to either paste nor could I seem to link it to this posting. When I check my file of pictures, the image is there just fine. It's a .jpg file. Any ideas or suggestions as to the cause &/or correction of this issue? Thanks so much!

--Susan

Macbook

Mojave

RM7

#92705 RootsMagic for Mac on Mojave

Posted by susieqk on 28 January 2019 - 01:42 PM in RootsMagic for Mac

I followed all of Renee Zamora's instructions for deleting and reinstalling RM after installing Mojave.

I am receiving a message  stating

"Wine Gecko Installer

Wine could not find a Gecko package which is needed for applications embedding HTML to work correctly. Wine can automatically download and install it for you. Note: It is recommended to use your distribution's packages instead. See http://wiki.winehg.org/Geckofor details"

(FYI: Every time I try to go to the site I am sent to a cruise website) 

Why am I getting this message? How should I proceed?

Also, I am having issues with the program freezing up when I try to relink my media items.

Overall program running a lot slower. I have closed the program & computer and opened again a day later with no improvement.

#92695 Search for File

Posted by susieqk on 27 January 2019 - 07:50 PM in RootsMagic for Mac

I deleted and reinstalled the program. Now I open the program, I search & search for an existing file, but all of my .rmgb files are greyed out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks so much.

#92568 Unable to open a gedcom file

Posted by susieqk on 20 January 2019 - 07:43 PM in RootsMagic for Mac

Someone sent me a gedcom file via email. When I tried to open it on my Macbook, it asked me to choose a program, I chose RootsMagic, & I receive a message that there is not a window based program available to open the gedcom file. WHY can I not open the gedcom file on my Mac?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

--Susieqk

#91113 Access Violation at address 0059441B ??

Posted by susieqk on 20 September 2018 - 08:40 AM in Issues

Thanks zhangrau, I too tend to have multiple browsers open with multiple windows each, this may be part of my problem. I will try to make sure I reboot daily & see if that prevents any further issues.

#91102 Access Violation at address 0059441B ??

Posted by susieqk on 19 September 2018 - 04:10 PM in Issues

I am on a Macbook, El Capitan 10.11.6

Zhangrau,

How many records, not sure which info you are looking for, there are 32,069 people (program must have hiccuped at some point as there used to be about 40,000 people), 12, 026 families, 47,027 events, 1524 Alternate names, 5764 Places, 613 Sources, 107,273 Citations, 1973 Multimedia Items, 6040 Multimedia Links

Rebooted 2 days ago

Renee, 

#1 about 3 days ago, just did again. No issues noted either time

#2 My AVG virus software, scans daily, no issues noted

# 3 & #4 should I do the same for a Macbook (with Mac versions if available, of course)

Thank you both!!

#91099 Access Violation at address 0059441B ??

Posted by susieqk on 19 September 2018 - 01:57 PM in Issues

Just went to close out my program and received the message that there was an "Access Violation at address 0059441B in module 'RootsMagic.exe'. Read of address 00000010." 

I had added one note and looked at several other people without doing anything more than look. What could have possibly have caused the issue?

Any  help would be greatly appreciated.

Oops! You might want to know I am on a MacBook using El Capitan 10.11.6

#90903 Poss. to switch name listed & AKA name so AKA shows as primary?

Posted by susieqk on 30 August 2018 - 10:20 AM in Discussion

Thank you Tom, Vyger & Jerry so much for taking time to answer my question. :-)

I just generated a FGS for this family & it does show sources for the primary as well as for the AKA names. For primary name it shows 1-7 sources, for 1st AKA name it shows source 3 & for 2nd AKA name it shows an 11. Sources are also shown for primary name in narrative report I generated.

Was there some other report to which you were both referring regarding sources not showing up for the primary name? 

#90892 Poss. to switch name listed & AKA name so AKA shows as primary?

Posted by susieqk on 29 August 2018 - 01:13 PM in Discussion

Thank you both for your replies! :-)

#90888 Poss. to switch name listed & AKA name so AKA shows as primary?

Posted by susieqk on 29 August 2018 - 12:38 PM in Discussion

Thank you Tom for your reply. I have no idea how to work with a SQLite editor to modify a database so will just delete & re-enter info.

I have no desire to risk the loss of any data.

I had presumed that might be the case but you never know what these programs can do sometimes until you have a need. :-)

#90886 Poss. to switch name listed & AKA name so AKA shows as primary?

Posted by susieqk on 29 August 2018 - 12:02 PM in Discussion

Example (made up names): name known originally as Henry Doe (in US records), find out many years later his name found to originally be Heinrich Doe (German records). Had originally listed him as Henry Doe & later, when info found (but wanted to verify with another source before changing anything) gave him AKA name as Heinrich Doe.

Now info verified & I would like to switch the primary name to Heinrich Doe & Henry Doe to AKA status, is there anyway to switch the names so that the sources with each name stays with appropriate name, without manually deleting & re-entering info?

Thanks!