Kevin Thorsteinson's Content

There have been 12 items by Kevin Thorsteinson (Search limited from 03-March 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#7119 RootsMagic Version 2

Posted by Kevin Thorsteinson on 07 July 2005 - 12:02 AM in RootsMagic 3

Great news.......for me anyway !!!

The Cardston bookshop drove up a copy of version 2 to Calgary and I picked it up tonight, loaded, uploaded the patch and am off to the races trying to figure out how to get all my wall charts ready for Thursday night.

Awesome people and Bruce was also a great help..........

#7118 Wall Charts

Posted by Kevin Thorsteinson on 06 July 2005 - 11:56 PM in RootsMagic 3

I generated my wall chart, then I selected everyone (2100+ persons) and then found the font too small and wanted to use multiple lines.

I can do it on one person, but I can't use the multiple select and do it on all of them at once......

Obviously I am missing something as this must be able to be done...??

Thanks

#7117 Wall Charts

Posted by Kevin Thorsteinson on 06 July 2005 - 11:39 PM in RootsMagic 3

Hmmm, I wish somebody would answer you as I have the same issue, the boxes are split by the pages and some information is always lost and when doing large wall charts, is almost a waste of time to try and move them all......

#7084 Address List - Custom

Posted by Kevin Thorsteinson on 03 July 2005 - 10:26 PM in RootsMagic 3

Absolutely works perfect.........I keep forgetting to print to other formats when I get stuck..........thanks a bunch !!!

Kevin

#7080 RootsMagic Version 2

Posted by Kevin Thorsteinson on 02 July 2005 - 09:57 PM in RootsMagic 3

Yeah, figured as much, it was the Cardston Bookshop that I bought from, they have an outlet in Calgary and when I called, they said it was version 2, it wasn't until I got home and loaded it that I found out it was version 1.
And my Family Origins program won't print the wall chart big enough either.
I think Monday is a holiday in the US, so unless I can convince them to courier overnight to me, I might be hooped......

Thanks

#7078 RootsMagic Version 2

Posted by Kevin Thorsteinson on 02 July 2005 - 06:02 PM in RootsMagic 3

Help

I am in trouble, have a family reunion coming up this week and went out and bought a supposed version 2 RootsMagic, but turns out it was version 1....did the update patch to 1.04b, but still no wall charts.
Cannot find any method of purchasing version 2 online via a download and I live in Canada.......does anyone know a patch to this version that will do wall charts or is that option only available in version 2........and only available via snail-mail ?

Thanks !!!

#7077 Custom Reports

Posted by Kevin Thorsteinson on 02 July 2005 - 05:53 PM in RootsMagic 3

That worked beautiful...........I missed the selection criteria, will keep that in mind for other reports......

Thanks Alfred !!!

Kevin

#7076 Address List - Custom

Posted by Kevin Thorsteinson on 02 July 2005 - 05:30 PM in RootsMagic 3

I know I can get the standard Address List, however it reports in alphabetical order of the PERSON'S SURNAME and I want a list of current residence/address listed alphabetically by RESIDENCE/ADDRESS so I can show people who lives in the same city without even knowing it.

I have tried the custom reports, but they don't have an option for ADDRESS, only RESIDENCE and that always comes back blank for me.

My mother originally set this all up in Family Origins and I am trying to continue on and I have a family reunion coming up that thought this would be a neat report.

Oh well, thought I would ask anyway......

Thanks

Kevin

#7057 New Option for Relationship Chart

Posted by Kevin Thorsteinson on 30 June 2005 - 02:11 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

Use your Options setup to set the root person upon opening and the reports will have that person as the root person automatically, seems to work for me.

#7056 Direct line descendent list

Posted by Kevin Thorsteinson on 30 June 2005 - 02:07 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

I believe that you can generate the direct line descendant report between two people already as part of RM.........is in the reports list as the Relationship report, put in the start person and end person and it will generate the direct line between the two.........if that is what you are looking for.....

#7055 Custom Reports

Posted by Kevin Thorsteinson on 30 June 2005 - 02:03 AM in RootsMagic 3

I see that I can generate name counts based on Surnames, however I have not yet been able to figure out how to do the same for Given names (including middle names).........has anyone tried this or figured this out ?

Thanks !!!

#7054 Address List - Custom

Posted by Kevin Thorsteinson on 30 June 2005 - 02:00 AM in RootsMagic 3

I have tried in Family Origins and in RootsMagic to create a custom list that will show the current address (or residence) along with surname, given name.

Nothing that I try will bring in the data, yet my address list works fine.....

Any help/suggestions ?

Thanks !!!