TaffyBlue's Content

There have been 9 items by TaffyBlue (Search limited from 09-December 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#9654 Help!!

Posted by TaffyBlue on 03 November 2005 - 05:40 PM in RootsMagic 3

Ah ha. I think I have solved it by unlinking her from the non-existant spouse.

Panic over.

#9653 Help!!

Posted by TaffyBlue on 03 November 2005 - 05:17 PM in RootsMagic 3

Can someone please help.

When I go to the "View Family" page of my maternal grandmother, it shows my her marriage to my grandfather and all the children they had, ie. my mum and uncles.

However, underneath this it also shows an entry for an unknown spouse, but I have no idea why.

I only have one marriage entry for my grandmother so I am lost as to why it shows an unknown spouse.

In the "View Family" page I clicked on the unknown spouse, and when it opened the new page (in Family view), I clicked on the blank spouse details to try and delete the "person", however, the program won't let me because there is no person there.

How do I get rid of this unknown spouse entry??

Many thanks for any suggestions.

#7793 Duplicate Fact

Posted by TaffyBlue on 10 August 2005 - 11:10 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

As Jim said, this would be great for Census inputs. My decendants often have loads of children and having to do an individual census input for each is time consuming and annoying.

#7792 From/To Dates

Posted by TaffyBlue on 10 August 2005 - 11:08 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

If the program already does it, then I haven't found it. But I would like the events to offer a From/To in the dates.

I have found it annoying that when I was inputting military service dates, I wanted to put that my grandfather was in a certain area From xx/xx/xxxx To xx/xx/xxxx. Unfortunately the program gets confused and doesn't list his postings in order. Also on the narratives, it doesn't leave space for the full dates and therefore just shows a day.

Could this be resolved?

#7665 Everyone Chart

Posted by TaffyBlue on 04 August 2005 - 10:54 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

I appreciate an "Everyone Chart" isn't for ... well, everyone! But it would be nice to have the option. I know the chart is huge, but I like to see where I fit in the great scheme of things.

It has also been quite fun to print off a full chart (currently 100 sheets of A4) and stick them together, then get the family round and we all have a good look through and chat about the extended family. It's amazing how many new details or memories are triggered, just by looking at the tree.

I would love to have this option in RM ... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

#7043 Everyone Chart

Posted by TaffyBlue on 29 June 2005 - 12:26 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

I have used Genbox in the past and found it useful to be able to produce a chart of everyone in my database. RM doesn't do this.

I now use RM all the time and find it the best program, apart from the fact that I have to keep exporting my database back to Genbox so I can print a full "everyone" chart.

Please could this new chart be added?

#6794 Deaths at Sea

Posted by TaffyBlue on 12 June 2005 - 06:30 AM in General Messages

Can anyone help me find out where I can search for names of people who have died at sea?

My gt-grandfather was a mariner who I have traced on the 1861, 71, 81 & 91 census ... but then he disappears. His wife is listed on the 1901 census living as a boarder. I have searched all the death indexes on Ancentry but nothing comes up.

Therefore I am assuming he may have died at sea somewhere between 1891 and 1900. Where can I find a list of those who may have died at sea during this time?

Any help would be appreciated.

#6793 Wall Charts

Posted by TaffyBlue on 12 June 2005 - 06:26 AM in RootsMagic 3

I have recently moved from using Genbox Family History to Roots Magic. So far very happy, but one things is bugging me.

Genbox used to let me produce charts showing everyone in my database, however, RM only lets me do ancestors and decendants. Therefore, none of my prints have any siblings.

Is there a way round this in RM so that I can produce charts with everyone in my database on it?

#6792 Palm/Pocket PC/other PDA Version

Posted by TaffyBlue on 12 June 2005 - 06:23 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

I use Roots Magic on my PC, and also have My Roots on my Palm PDA. The programs exchange information via GEDCOM files, so I always have my up-to-date tree with me where ever I go, without the hassle of lugging a laptop.