DakotaGirl's Content

There have been 3 items by DakotaGirl (Search limited from 20-October 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#18417 Publish or Print??

Posted by DakotaGirl on 01 May 2007 - 09:21 PM in RootsMagic 3

QUOTE(RootsMagician @ Apr 30 2007, 09:28 AM) View Post

You can change the options on the group sheet to have it not start the notes or sources on new pages (both alone or in the publisher). You can also click the Page Layout button in the publisher to define the header and footer (or turn them off if you don't want them).

Thanks to you both for your suggestions. I went to the page layout button and removed header and footer. Works fine, looks great. Will really get to work on the story now.

#18390 Publish or Print??

Posted by DakotaGirl on 29 April 2007 - 06:14 PM in RootsMagic 3

I have started to write my family story using the publishing part of Roots Magic. However, when I did a sample print of a chapter with accompanying family group sheet, it looked just like a printout from RootsMagic with date included on each page and preparer information at the bottom of the group sheet, notes on page 2 and sources on page 3. I am not happy with this format as I want it to look like a book, not a printed report. Any ideas? What about using MS Word or another publishing software? Or how to clean this up so it is more "bookish.? tongue.gif

#17618 CD Backup

Posted by DakotaGirl on 15 February 2007 - 02:13 PM in RootsMagic 3

I am awaiting the delivery of a new computer and am burning CD's to transfer data to the new one. I am unable to get my Roots Magic data bases onto a CD, either with the backup or save commands. There is just too much to re-enter everything. Can somebody help me??