robertjacobs0's Content

There have been 53 items by robertjacobs0 (Search limited from 15-July 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#95318 First RM8 Blog Entry

Posted by robertjacobs0 on 17 September 2019 - 07:33 AM in Discussion

I'm glad to learn that there will be words, and an option to abandon them and just show icons. However, my preference would be to bag the icons and just show text buttons. I hope it's not too late to offer this as an option. It should be a simple change.

I also hope it will be possible to show the icons/text horizontally at the top if the user so wishes.

#95058 7.6.1 freeze

Posted by robertjacobs0 on 30 August 2019 - 11:53 AM in Issues

I open RootsMagic 7.6.1, go to Tools/File Options/Ancestry and click on "Disconnect from Ancestry tree." RootsMagic locks up and I have to use the Task Manager to exit. The task manager reports "RootsMagic not responding." I'm actually not sure whether the Ancestry Tree is actually linked or not.

There's been so much trouble with Ancestry that I'm trying to disassociate RootsMagic completely from them although I plan to continue using Ancestry as a research tool.

#94670 TreeShare Freezes after recent Windows 10 MS update

Posted by robertjacobs0 on 07 August 2019 - 02:07 PM in Issues

Dear Rick,

I hope it isn't heresy to suggest that the best way to post your research on the web is to abandon Tree Share and use RootsMagic and GedSite together to put up the data in the form you prefer. Ancestry.com could still be used for research, of course. Ancestry Tree Share is rife with API problems, the necessity to bow to their formats, and constant repetitive web hints, many of which are duplicates, irrelevant, or just plain wrong.

It's only necessary to look at this forum's posts to see how much trouble Tree Share has caused and how much of your time and RM's time are wasted because of it.