Lethdun's Content

There have been 29 items by Lethdun (Search limited from 01-March 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#74184 Census Records using one record per census year

Posted by Lethdun on 07 September 2015 - 04:53 PM in Tips and Hints

Hi Nettie,

EGAD! I think this would help me a lot -- I like what I see. Would you please give me permission to use the technique with RM and send the PDF file?  :)

Thank you, Lethdun

#74385 Baptism date on person list

Posted by Lethdun on 19 September 2015 - 04:37 PM in Discussion

I do believe that Jerry has hit the nail squarely on the head. He very nicely covered not just the advantages of having baptism options, but the disadvantages too. I do know that when I grew up (pre-Noah's Ark) many Baptist children were baptized between the ages of 8 and 12 -- not all, but many. That, in some instances, gives me a starting point for when a person might have been born. On the other hand, if you had said that child was christened, his or her parents would have invited me to a nice family gathering picnic and poked my eyes out with a stick.  :rolleyes: Just saying... they were very nice people. :wacko:

Tom

#75859 Adding photos

Posted by Lethdun on 15 December 2015 - 07:21 PM in RootsMagic for Mac

Yes, you will get "larger" images. They will not be "full-size" images. Census images will be too small to read.

TomD

#74448 "Husband & Wife" vs "Father & Mother"

Posted by Lethdun on 23 September 2015 - 08:56 PM in Discussion

Hi:

First post as a new user.

Did what Laura suggested and it works for 1 couple.

How can I set it for all couples?

EG - Program wide setting not individual couples?

Thank you

I ran into the same thing. After looking and experimenting and kicking and screaming and pulling my three strands of hair out the only solution I found was to do them individually. Ugh!

TomD