If it says that then you have the wrong date on the census.
But if the census date is correct, you probably do not have any other family facts listed for that family, not even a marriage fact.
I am assuming that the husband is the descendant if this is a descendant report, in the ancestor reports the husband is always listed first.
So, the husband's personal facts are listed, then the family facts and finally the spouse's personal facts. If the census is the only family fact then it will immediately precede the wife's birth date.
(Personally, I think there should be a paragraph break there, between the family facts and the spouse's personal facts, as there is between the first spouse and the family facts.)
The census date was correct, and this family has a good bit of information. Anyway the problem didn't go away when i deleted the census fact.
It was printing the birth information at the very beginning in a census sentence, then following it with the proper birth sentence. The narrative report started with the husband, who was the one i put the fact on, then shared it with his wife and children. The problem didn't occur on the husband and I had been looking at narrative report at various stages before this and it was fine.
After thinking about it i think I figured out what I did that may have caused it.
I had created a custom census fact, with rolls for wife and children, and i had attached this to the principal (the husband) then shared it with his wife and the children who were with them in the census. Later i decided not to use this custom fact after all, so i deleted it from the Fact Type List, knowing that it would remove it from this family.
That seems to be what caused the trouble, as this unwanted beginning birth sentence is using the custom census sentence which i deleted. And this problem did not affect the 2 children who did not have the fact shared with them.
Hopefully I explained that properly.