Mardon's Content

There have been 3 items by Mardon (Search limited from 17-September 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#91130 Proper Reporting of Half Cousin & Half Sibling Relationships

Posted by Mardon on 23 September 2018 - 06:22 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

I'd like to confrim that the half-full cousin issue reported by "John_of_Ross_County" in 2014 is still a problem in v7.5.7.0. Sure hoping this gets fixed in the next release.  Perhaps properly reporting the half/full relationship should be considered a "fix" rather than an "enhancement"; especially if that would bump up its priority in the work queue. Thanks.

#89562 Relationship Calculator versus Relationship Chart

Posted by Mardon on 07 June 2018 - 11:02 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

I'd like to add my voice to support the OP's request. It would be wonderful if the "relationship calculator allowed you to click on a particular relationship when many are shown, and then generate a relationship chart, detailing that particular relationship."

I'm working with an island-based, endogamous population that has lots of consanguinity. It's very common to have the Relationship Calculator show 2, 3 or even 4 relationships between two individuals.  Unfortunately, as the OP points out, a Relationship Chart can only be created for the closest relationship. This is a major problem for me. I've spent hours using Photoshop to create Relationship Charts for the other relationships.

Please accept my plea for modifying the Relationship Charting feature so that it can handle multiple relationships. Thanks.

#91131 Ability to choose relationship for Relationship Chart

Posted by Mardon on 23 September 2018 - 06:37 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

I stongly support Michael Cassara's request and comments. I work with a geographically isolated, endogamous population (Newfoundland). It's very common for individuals to be related along two or three different lines. It's frustrating that the Relationship Chart can't deal with this even though the Relationship Calculator can.  These charts are an important method of explaining to people who have DNA matches how they are related. The way RootsMagic works now, I use the Relationship Chart to create a chart for one of the relationships.  For the second and third (or even fourth) line of connection, I have to  use the Relationship Chart to create two charts, one for each side of the connecting line, and then combine these charts in Photoshop.  It's a lot of work that could be avoided if the RootsMagic Relationship Charting process worked like the Relationship Calculating process for multiple connection lines. If I could have only one enhancement to RootsMagic, this would be the one that I would choose.