Val H's Content

There have been 3 items by Val H (Search limited from 12-November 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#35094 Using RM4 on Multiple Computers

Posted by Val H on 12 April 2010 - 09:21 AM in Discussion

I am a Snowbird, using 3 computers:
-Desktop up North
-Desktop in Florida
-My wife's notebook, when on road.

I am aware of RM To-Go, but chose not to use it, mainly because I wanted access to Media Files on each computer. INSTEAD, I have RM4 installed on a SanDisk 16 gig removable drive. I have elected to let the installed RM4 on the removable drive to be my MAIN working drive with both program and data. I then back up my data to each of the 3 computers.

This has worked satisfactorily. I have to live with each computer giving my removable drive a different drive letter name and simply using Tools/Program Options/folders to tell RM4 where to find the files.

HOWEVER, in a recent RM4 update, there was a Place Details database module which would not install on my removable drive.

I would like to hear from others who might have similar set up issues, or read comments about my set up decisions.

Val

#38796 plain text Family Group Sheet

Posted by Val H on 28 August 2010 - 11:26 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

I have found a useful site which collects Family Group Sheets, organized by states.
They require a plain text format. I was disappointed that RM4 did not allow me to do such a report.

The desired format:
http://www.fgs-proje...her/sources.htm

Val Harris

#38798 plain text Family Group Sheet

Posted by Val H on 28 August 2010 - 07:36 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

I have found a useful site which collects Family Group Sheets, organized by states.
They require a plain text format. I was disappointed that RM4 did not allow me to do such a report.

The desired format:
http://www.fgs-proje...her/sources.htm

Val Harris

Bill Bienia suggested that I include the following:

In your request, be sure to mention the RM3 text based report as that is almost ideal. To meet the web page requirements, there would also need to be an option to exclude all facts except, Birth, Marriage, Death and Burial. (This was not in the RM3 text-based FGS, nor is there an easy way to do it in RM4.)

-Val Harris