Here is what I noticed that could provide some clues for the developers of the software.
Most of these "Stories" on ancestry have the title "Obituary", the first one it downloads as Obituary.html (I see that in the media folder). It then tries to download others and then names them with the convention Obituary (XXXXXXXXXXX).html. I don't see any Obituary (XXXXXXXXXXX).html files in my media folder.
The same thing happens with Family source events that are Divorces. I did some digging around and found the following:
I found an entry in the LinkAncestryTable with the extID that matched the screenshot below. The entry in the table has LinkType of 4, so the LinkAncestryTable.rmID field links to CitationTable.CitationID. In the CitationTable record the OwnerType is 7, which indicates an Alternate Name fact and the OwnerID then links to NameTable.PersonID. But this person found in the NameTable has nothing to do with this record in the LinkAncestryTable. Proof below: