I am probably one of the many people now and in the future who have had their tree on Ancestry, either exclusively or as their 'research tree' who are now looking to use 'desktop' software to try and clean-up their trees. So my wish list items are coming from that background [a tree on Ancestry that was 'shared' to RM, media and everything].
- Would like an Auto-Merge feature in the Media Gallery
- Would like a manual Merge feature in the Media Gallery
- Would like a way to select more than one item at a time for removal [this also applies to the Place List and several other aspects of RM].
- Would like a way to know how many media items I have in RM [none of the screens or reports give me that number].
- Would like a way to print a simple list of media items, by file name [not the current way of listing by person].
- There needs to be a more efficient way to rename media items.
Sources: there is a lack of tools to help clean up sources such as:
- Would like to be able to merge repositories [I had 3 that were basically the same thing - my files]
- Would like to be able to delete all sources at once OR choose more than 1 at a time to delete [basically a "do-over"].
- Would like to be able to print a list of sources by any number of parameters [by repository, by person, etc.]
- Need to be able to merge duplicate facts [I have a feeling this is mostly related to residence facts because of the way Ancestry does their hints with census returns].
- OR a way to select more than one fact at a time to delete all duplicates.
As I mentioned, much of the "clean-up" needs to be done because of the way Ancestry does things, but RM is lacking to tools to be able to do this in an efficient manner. I'm almost to the point of doing a complete "do-over" and building a tree from scratch and using my existing tree as a 'check-list' of people and reference.