I purchased and downloaded version 3 yesterday. I had been working with version 2 so I thought I would see what version 3 is like. I have found the following observations.
- Import Data
- Import from Rootsmagic with defined group not available.
- Import from RM database is better than using the GEDCOM file but not always possible.
- Cannot import people not related by blood? Cousin by marriage, not blood, ignored?
- Disproven or disputed facts also imported with no indication that they were rejected.
- If no date on fact then it is not imported.
- New Lifecapsule function appears to work well.
- Can’t see source or footnote on a story that I am working on but they do print out when published.
- Story titles print even if selected no (Must set to NO in two places)
- Individual stories are imported and have various status as to started and not started. Reset all stories to a not started status?
- SQLite Expert tool to set status to 0.
- If import based on single person then the story is cut off at that timeline ignoring facts for a relative that occurred before or after principal person. Not appropriate for a family story. Creating a fictitious person with the proper time span can solve this but must be deleted from stories after import.
- You can import over an existing PH story and new things will be added. If you change data that will affect a story title then a new story will be created that will need to be deleted or merged with changes from PH3.
- No options for footnotes vs endnotes?
- No bibliography?
- Import Photos. A photo associated with person does not seem to import. Photos associated with events do import and with multiple photos per event. Can resize photos but limited to four options to place photo. Photos are unacceptably placed in publish. Pictures can be at bottom of page and overlaid with footnotes.
Just my observations to date. Hope this may help others.