Jump to content


bwr63

Member Since 21 Jul 2017
Offline Last Active Private
-----

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Ancestry Not Responding Dialog (windows)

17 January 2019 - 08:42 AM

UPDATE:

I forgot to say that if I try to close RM or to close the tree I am working on while in this mode of operation where the dialog keeps reappearing then RM will lock-up and I need to kill it via the taskbar


In Topic: Tree Share Connection Lost

17 January 2019 - 08:33 AM

Not sure if this is a related issue but here goes. For the past week if I upload to ancestry, say for example, a birth & burial fact. Then I have been getting the attached sources crossed or only one source uploaded to the wrong fact. For example burial source attached to birth fact in ancestry and no birth source uploaded.

 

Its not just these two facts but I have seen others as well.


In Topic: Bug with Ancestry Fact New Upload vs Update

24 November 2018 - 10:15 AM

Hi Again,

Would it be possible to pull some of these development lists into a pinned topic in the forum so they are not repeated.

 

I only posted as I thought I had a workaround. It would be great to see bug lists with workaround's and expected fix dates/releases?


In Topic: Bug with Ancestry Fact New Upload vs Update

22 November 2018 - 04:48 AM

Thanks Renee,

I think this is a bug in the way the information is sent to ancestry either at RM end or at Ancestry. It is present in both individual facts and family facts even though they are split.

 

The update procedure uses the full NAME while the adding new fact procedure uses the ABBREVIATION. For simple facts Birth, Death etc. etc. these have the abbreviation the same as the name so no issues.

 

If I change the custom fact to have the same NAME and ABBREVIATION then I have no problems with the update.

 

The main issue I have is that the CENSUS (FAMILY) fact has an abbreviation CENSUS (fam) so is triggering the bug and it is greyed out so I cannot change it.

 

 

The workaround is NOT to do an UPDATE but instead to upload a new fact and delete the old fact.

 

 

Its a bug but you can work around it.