For the record how many media attachments do you have, RM4 do File > Properties, please share.
I just converted a 61000 individual database in 15 seconds but there were only 2350 media attachments, I believe this is where your problem lies.
Why not export the gedcom from RM4, create a new RM5 database, import the gedcom and check the "preserve record numbers" box. That should overcome your problem and maintain your record numbers as you wish.
I have got to keep my Record numbers, I have too many different index made that go back to the file number, A gedcom file will chang all that.
I have made a Text file of all the census records and transcribed them. then I put the record number at the top. My Couch's did not keep the same name all the
time. so once I had him figured out. I leave it on the index
I also create a fact in Rm and add that years census. I have it transcribed in the note for the fact and I also attach a image. so when you start to study the census and other dicuments are there in the fact .
you can see one of the files at
I have been working in RM5 all day today. and have not seen any more errors pop up. but I have not turn off my computer either.
on the first boot up it takes 2 minutes for it to load into the computer. but after that it is in memory and is very fast.
I have 15620 Multimedia Items & 16408 Multimedia Links
The way I finally got it to work was I made a backup with RM4 into a new directory.
then I used RM4 and restored it in that directory.
after that I open it with RM5 and it started and it worked on Cleaning up media for about 5hr before it started to Convert.