I also remembered it was discussed on this forum years ago. But I could not find it by searching. Maybe some one will remember.
I tried the database tools as soon as I saw the doubles. But it had no effect. Then I checked each person carefully. If fact type was anything but (Name) the person had a record number. I went through each person and change any of the "1930 United States Federal Census" sources which came from an Ancestry tree gedcom to my new more split sources. ie 1930 IN JacksonCo HamiltonTwp ED7 pg7B. I ran print again. This cleared out many citations, but the (Name) ones really began to multiply. And I now noticed that the (Name) multiples were for people who no longer had a citation to "1930 U S Fed. Census" and often I had removed the Alt Name fact altogether.
I have RM 22.214.171.124 and I am running on my new Windows 10 Dell Desktop. Since I am having another problem that is not directly related, Dragon won't start, I am going to shut down all the programs I am using to work on my source list and reboot the machine. Maybe that will fix it.