• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kac522

kac522

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

It would be awesome if there was a FILE or PROGRAM option to ALWAYS sort children in a way chosen by the user. Right now, you must sort each family group separately. I would love to be able to set a "default" sort, and then override that default on those occasions where I want a different sort. I actually am surprised that the program doesn't "default" to birth date.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:20 AM

It would be awesome if there was a FILE or PROGRAM option to ALWAYS sort children in a way chosen by the user. Right now, you must sort each family group separately. I would love to be able to set a "default" sort, and then override that default on those occasions where I want a different sort. I actually am surprised that the program doesn't "default" to birth date.

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 John_of_Ross_County

John_of_Ross_County

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

I know that you mentioned this feature as an option. However, if you have a carefully sorted list of children in a specific known birth order and some have missing birth dates, this option would not be a good choice.