Photo

Publishing 2 different Group Sheets (with same details)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ernest

Ernest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:25 AM

RM 4.1.1.1

When going to 'Reports' and selecting a 'Group Sheet' I get all the details I expect (Full unabridged and representing the detail in my database)

When going to 'Internet' and selecting 'Pedigree Charts with Groups sheets' I get some of the detail removed from the Group Sheets. Details that I have identified are 1) Shared Facts 2) Alternate Names 3) Parents that are blank (good point).

I found no indicator on the Internet selection for a narrative/ full report report. Am I misunderstanding the function of 'Group Sheets' or, how do I get the two Group Sheets to publish the same unabridged information?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:20 AM

RM 4.1.1.1

When going to 'Reports' and selecting a 'Group Sheet' I get all the details I expect (Full unabridged and representing the detail in my database)

When going to 'Internet' and selecting 'Pedigree Charts with Groups sheets' I get some of the detail removed from the Group Sheets. Details that I have identified are 1) Shared Facts 2) Alternate Names 3) Parents that are blank (good point).

I found no indicator on the Internet selection for a narrative/ full report report. Am I misunderstanding the function of 'Group Sheets' or, how do I get the two Group Sheets to publish the same unabridged information?

Confirming your findings on the Shared Facts and Alternate Name missing on the website FGS. I am not sure what you mean by Parents that are blank. Could you give me more detail on the parents. Are they in your database but not showing on the website? I can't seem to reproduce them being blank.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Ernest

Ernest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:55 AM

Renee, Sorry I should have been clearer with my explanation. Now where to start? In my database the person I am using to display/ print the Family Group Sheet has no parents recorded. When I display the group sheet via 'Reports' there are two entries for parents but no details are filled in. In the 'Internet' generation these two entries are left out (my reverence but it may a a bug or design aid - to me it makes sense to report what is there and if not leave the headings out for those details that are not there. We don't report the 600 or so other possible things that are not there. but thats my way of thinking.)

Is this now more clear or still as clear as mud? :-)

PS I don't mind the directions the designers take as long as these two reports reflecting the same information and headings. This is one indecent where I personally feel the 'Internet' option is the correct way to report the details.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

Renee, Sorry I should have been clearer with my explanation. Now where to start? In my database the person I am using to display/ print the Family Group Sheet has no parents recorded. When I display the group sheet via 'Reports' there are two entries for parents but no details are filled in. In the 'Internet' generation these two entries are left out (my reverence but it may a a bug or design aid - to me it makes sense to report what is there and if not leave the headings out for those details that are not there. We don't report the 600 or so other possible things that are not there. but thats my way of thinking.)

Is this now more clear or still as clear as mud? :-)

PS I don't mind the directions the designers take as long as these two reports reflecting the same information and headings. This is one indecent where I personally feel the 'Internet' option is the correct way to report the details.

What your seeing is the way RM was designed to behave. The printed FGS has the blank parents field so people can add the information in if they find it. The website does not have the blank field appearing because you wouldn't be printing the FGS from there and adding to it.

Understanding this logic, do you want me to make an enhancement request for you?
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Ernest

Ernest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:17 AM

What your seeing is the way RM was designed to behave. The printed FGS has the blank parents field so people can add the information in if they find it. The website does not have the blank field appearing because you wouldn't be printing the FGS from there and adding to it.

Understanding this logic, do you want me to make an enhancement request for you?

Not if its designed that. Thank you.