Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:11 AM
It means I need to use the Alternate Name field a lot so tried adding it to the Add New Person screen. When I 'customise this form' it allows me to add the field, but the result is not right. First it offers me a window with just a few fields on it, but the second time I use it offers all the fields except for Alt Name ones where it just offers the date field, and on the finished Edit Person screen it gives me no name fields to fill in for this fact. How do I achieve what I'm after?
(BTW, when I do enter Alternative Names it offers the Name fields first, where all the other entries offer the date first so muscle memory makes me keep sticking the date in as a first name!)
Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:33 AM
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
K e V i N
Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:17 AM
- The customise Add Person form does not completely display until it has been closed and re-opened.
- Alternate Name fact is not added correctly to the customised Add Person form - the Name fields are missing, only the Date field is presented.
- An Alt. Name fact added from the faulty Add Person screen does not present any Name fields in the Edit Person screen - only the Date fields.
- Such a fact is abbreviated Alt. Name (with a period) while Alt Name (without period) is displayed for the Alternate Name fact in the Facts column when added in the Edit Person screen.
- In Alternate name Details, former is displayed in the Note|Sources|Media status as Alt. Name while latter is alt. name (no caps)
- Alt.Name is sharable! while Alt Name is not.
Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:53 AM
Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:05 AM
It's not possible in RM, I had to do this externally.
How do I achieve what I'm after?
Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:04 AM
Thank you all for your responses.