2 replies to this topic

#1 John James

John James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:04 AM

I recorded a couple of stillborn facts as such but the events do not sort into the families life as I would expect. With a stillborn I would not expect the birth or death fact but I would expect the event to sort with the other children, am I doing something wrong?

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6268 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:57 AM

You can control the order in which children are presented in the Family View and listed in reports by clicking, in Family View, on the up arrow/down arrow symbol at the top left of the list of children. From RM Help:

Arranging the order of children
To rearrange the order of the children in the family:

1. Highlight the father or mother of the children in the Pedigree, Family or Descendant view.

2. Choose "Edit, Rearrange, Children" from the main menu, or click on "Spouses" at the left of the Info Area and select "Children" from the drop down menu, then select "Rearrange Children" from the cascading menu, or click the double arrow () above the child number in the Family view.

3. You can arrange the order of children in one of 3 ways:

a. Use your mouse to highlight the child you want to move and drag the child to the desired location before releasing the mouse button.

b. Click the "Move up" or "Move down" buttons to change the child's position.

c. Click the "Sort by birth date" button to have RootsMagic automatically sort the children for you, if birth dates have been entered.

4. Click OK to save the new order, or Cancel to exit without saving any changes..

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 John James

John James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:40 AM

You can control the order in which children are presented in the Family View and listed in reports by clicking, in Family View, on the up arrow/down arrow symbol at the top left of the list of children. From RM Help:

Thanks, i was looking at the sort date on the fact but it was not doing what I wanted