7 replies to this topic

#1 Dwight Jackson

Dwight Jackson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:24 PM

When I run a Narrative Report for an individual, one death source citation (number 6) is not shown, but the other death source (number 7)is duplicated. When I run a Family Group Sheet Report, the death source citations are correctly shown as number 6 and 7. Is there a glitch in the program?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

When I run a Narrative Report for an individual, one death source citation (number 6) is not shown, but the other death source (number 7)is duplicated. When I run a Family Group Sheet Report, the death source citations are correctly shown as number 6 and 7. Is there a glitch in the program?

I've been unable to reproduce this. Could you please "Submit a request for help" and include a backup of your database with it. Please also point out where you are seeing this issue, i.e. individual, etc.

Submit a request for help - look for link under the home tab and the name RootsMagic Support
http://support.rootsmagic.com/home
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Dwight Jackson

Dwight Jackson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

I've been unable to reproduce this. Could you please "Submit a request for help" and include a backup of your database with it. Please also point out where you are seeing this issue, i.e. individual, etc.

Submit a request for help - look for link under the home tab and the name RootsMagic Support
http://support.rootsmagic.com/home

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:23 AM

Dwight - also make sure you are on the latest version 4.1.1.0.
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Dwight Jackson

Dwight Jackson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

I am currently using Version 6.3.0.6.

The problem that I referred to several versions back is still unfixed. It had to do with footnotes duplicating when printing a narrative report.

I remember having to repeat myself multiple times as well as sending a copies of my database before anyone comprehended. Finally, someone wrote and said (if I recall correctly) that it was a problem with the compiling of your software through a third party vendor and it would require checking millions of lines of code.

Here it is three years later and the problem still persists. Can someone please tell me why this problem cannot be fixed?

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

If you were told earlier that this had something to do with a third party vendor and how things were compiling then I gather you were not using Microsoft Word to edit your reports. As far as I know that is the only way a third party would be involved in generating a report.
Renee
RootsMagic

#7 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2598 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

As far as I know that is the only way a third party would be involved in generating a report.

Actually, I believe this poster is referring to one or more -licensed- "third-party" software controls that Bruce has purchased and uses their capabilities in the program, in addition to those available in the frameworks he compiles his final RootsMagic product from.
--
-- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--
--ΤΏΤ--
K e V i N

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

He must have been speaking with the RootsMagician (Bruce) back then, if that's what he's referring to. I would say that development is then well aware of the issue and it will be fixed based on upon priority level and that the resolution causes no harm in other area of the program.
Renee
RootsMagic