• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tony126

Tony126

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:28 PM

I have 2 data bases on my RM4. Both have different media galleries. One of them has become corrupted and the photographs have a mark on them in RM4. How can I remove this particular gallery. I find I can replace the photo but when I look in the media gallery there is a "clear" photo alongside the corrupted one. I have copied and pasted the file location without success. Would appreciate some help.

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

The easiest way to remove the media gallery would be to export a GEDCOM file, excluding the media files, then import that GEDCOM file into a new database.

What is the mark on the photos in the gallery?
A broken chain link with the "Spark" where it is broken?
If that is the case, the file has been moved or deleted and RootsMagic can no longer locate it.
(those photos you see in the media gallery are only thumbnails which are stored in the database.)

There is a feature in the Tools menu of the Media Album or Media Gallery to "Fix broken media links" which will search all available drives and relink the media files if they can be found.

If you moved the entire folder, there is also a tool in the RootsMagic Search menu to search and replace Media file names. That can be used to change the folder path from what RootsMagic has to what they actually are.
Alfred

#3 Tony126

Tony126

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

I have 2 data bases on my RM4. Both have different media galleries. One of them has become corrupted and the photographs have a mark on them in RM4. How can I remove this particular gallery. I find I can replace the photo but when I look in the media gallery there is a "clear" photo alongside the corrupted one. I have copied and pasted the file location without success. Would appreciate some help.

Thank you very much. Problem sorted.I did not think to check the tool bar. Lesson learned.