• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tony126

Tony126

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:49 PM

I have finished my first book and am pleased with the outcome. Saved in rtf to my hard drive whcich enabled me to put names on "IndividualSummary" pages. This book was for my wife's cousin. I now want to publish a second book for my wife's niece. The only pages that need replacing are those pertaining to cousin and niece as the rest of the book remains the same. If I have transferred the book from RM4 to my hard drive do I have to start again from scratch on RM4? There are 108 pages in the book.

#2 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1698 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:59 AM

I have finished my first book and am pleased with the outcome. Saved in rtf to my hard drive whcich enabled me to put names on "IndividualSummary" pages. This book was for my wife's cousin. I now want to publish a second book for my wife's niece. The only pages that need replacing are those pertaining to cousin and niece as the rest of the book remains the same. If I have transferred the book from RM4 to my hard drive do I have to start again from scratch on RM4? There are 108 pages in the book.

From my experience I would generate a new book. In order to not miss some connection or new Bibliography or Foot/End Notes or new index, it will be a time saver and easier. Then you are not missing someone or item. :)

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0