• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tony126

Tony126

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

I am in the process of publishing a book. The 'individual summary' comes up just as that in the title for that page iinstead of the name of the individual. Am I missing something within the setting of the page as I cannot see it?

#2 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1698 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

I am in the process of publishing a book. The 'individual summary' comes up just as that in the title for that page iinstead of the name of the individual. Am I missing something within the setting of the page as I cannot see it?

Did you reset the headings and footers?

Go To Layout
Click on Headers/footer
Left side change wording to what you want.
Footer
middle section there is a green circle [at least mine is green] on rh side of box. Type over the page number and make it your page number you want.

Everyone of the Reports has a choice of how your final report looks like, by those bars on the right. There may be others you might want to change.

DID you use the nice F1 key or the help file for how to do this :)

We have an excellent help file with this software..... Thanks Bruce.....

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#3 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:40 PM

BUT, in the publisher, If you change the title to reflect one person's Individual summary, the title at the top of every page is whatever you set it to for that one person.

[TITLE] just leaves you with "Individual Summary"
Maybe there should be another choice to add along with what is already there, [NAME]
Alfred

#4 Tony126

Tony126

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

BUT, in the publisher, If you change the title to reflect one person's Individual summary, the title at the top of every page is whatever you set it to for that one person.

Maybe there should be another choice to add along with what is already there, [NAME]

This what I am finding. Changed the Header to reflect the persons name. That same name appears on every "Individual Summary " sheet. However not to be out done I moved onto the second person and made them my ' root person'. I then went into their "Individual Summary", typed in their name and then the second persons name appeared on every Individual Summary sheet including the first one I had already altered. Please do not interpret this in any way as a criticism as I think this [program is probably as good as it gets in genealogy programs.

#5 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1698 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

My answer reflects that i keep forgetting about the Publisher inside of RM.

I have never use it and your issue is one reason why. All of my narrative reports turned into books are transferred to a Word file so I can control the layouts the way I want it.

Hope you have good luck with what you are doing.... :)

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8796 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:07 AM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic