• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AmyAnn

AmyAnn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:48 PM

Does this program have maps which reflect the creation of counties or changes in state lines - such as before a certain date West Virginia didn't exist... Does it help correct our labels to reflect changes in the maps? For example I have places which I am not sure the accurate way to label - like places in Germany before Germany actually existed as a country? or distinguishing Whitehall township which after 1810 was Lehigh Co. but before 1810 was actually Northampton Co., PA.... Can you print out a colonial map to show the understanding of geography when our ancestors were taking part in the revolution and migration? Also along with place does the program know the longitude and latitude designations for the places it knows and can it access information from the internet about places?

Thanks - if the maps are era sensitive I will be ordering this program.

AmyAnn
ahgenealogy@gmail.com

#2 RootsMagician

RootsMagician

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:00 AM

No, Family Atlas uses the current jurisdictional boundaries. For changing boundaries you would need to use a program like AniMap (US only).

Family Atlas is designed to import data from your genealogy software and show the events from your database on a world based map.
RootsMagician