30 replies to this topic

#21 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:15 PM

I just created a photo tree with two rows of siblings and all the pictures show.

If you take one of the pictures that is not showing and exchange it for one that does show, will it now show in the row closes to the base of the tree?

NO it did not show.

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#22 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

I just created a photo tree with two rows of siblings and all the pictures show.

If you take one of the pictures that is not showing and exchange it for one that does show, will it now show in the row closes to the base of the tree?

I think I answered no. But can not find the message. I took a picture jpg that was in the parents row/middle row and put it in place of a child picture. Pictures in the bottom row did not show at all. All are jpg, same size, same url path. Again show in the Report viewer, but not when goes saved to a pdf...

vista and latest revision of RM4

after saving this message I see it showed up.

Genealogy:

#23 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7265 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:54 AM

I think I answered no. But can not find the message. I took a picture jpg that was in the parents row/middle row and put it in place of a child picture. Pictures in the bottom row did not show at all. All are jpg, same size, same url path. Again show in the Report viewer, but not when goes saved to a pdf...

vista and latest revision of RM4

after saving this message I see it showed up.

I've been using an XP computer and have no issue. I went to my Vista laptop and DID find the issue there. I can now duplicate the missing row of siblings on a Vista generated Photo Tree PDF. I will update our tracking system with these findings.
Renee
RootsMagic

#24 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:57 PM

Is it RootsMagic or the PDF viewer which is at fault?
I have Vista and cannot seem to loose any of the pictures when saving to a PDF file.
I have an old copy of Adobe Reader 7 which tells me that it has compatibility issues every time it opens, but I don't care to spend the time downloading the update.
ANYWAY, it shows all the pictures in my photo tree, at least every way I have tried them.

====== PS for Renee =======
Would you like to email me a copy of the PDF file you created where you cannot see all the pictures on your Vista machine?
I will try viewing it here with this old copy of Adobe Reader and see what I see.
Alfred

#25 reignbeau

reignbeau

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

I've been using an XP computer and have no issue. I went to my Vista laptop and DID find the issue there. I can now duplicate the missing row of siblings on a Vista generated Photo Tree PDF. I will update our tracking system with these findings.

Renee, I have a XP laptop and the bottom row is missing. reignbeau

#26 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

I am using Vista and pdf v 9.4.1 and the pictures do not show in the children line or the line closest to the roots.

Genealogy:

#27 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:37 PM

OK, Renee sent me her file with 8 children and I see that it only happens to the second row of children, I had always been trying with my ancestor tree and since I have only a sister, we both showed up.
I tried my father's ancestor tree and the first four children showed up, but the last three were empty boxes.

===addendum===
I did notice that I can get the bottom row of child photos if I do the tree in LANDSCAPE orientation. It does look rather weird though, and the pictures are rendered quite a bit smaller.
Alfred

#28 Pheney

Pheney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:05 PM

I am having this problem i.e. 2nd (bottom) row of siblings showing names only, not photos, on a Photo Tree when it is saved to .pdf.  The same photo tree saved to .rtf shows all siblings.  I was wondering if this problem was resolved?  I use RM 7.0.5.0 on Windows 7.

#29 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7265 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

Not resolved yet.

Renee
RootsMagic

#30 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1174 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:34 AM

Maybe I'm missing something.... I'm using RM 6.3.3.2. When I select Reports - Charts - Photo Tree it is only possible to do an ANCESTOR tree. Why so much talk about children?

#31 dendroidking

dendroidking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:12 AM

I just created a photo tree with two rows of siblings and all the pictures show