• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 afsenior

afsenior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:55 PM

I would like to request an enhancement in RM.
Because I am not a good typistů ok, I am pretty bad. When I enter data into RM, or anyplace else for that matter, I spend a lot of time correcting what I just typed in. Also, too many errors are not caught until later, if at all. Can RM be made to do error checking as data is entered? For example, a few minutes ago, I successfully entered a child into a family. When finished and accepted, the child was born and died before his mother was born! RM did not check it or stop me from entering the bad data. I know about the problem search capabilities of RM but why should I have to run a report to find these errors? When the report is done, the information I gathered is probably no longer at hand. I think there are all kinds of simplistic data checks that could and should be done at the time of entry. Can this be done?
Thanks,
Art

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8243 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

I would like to request an enhancement in RM.
Because I am not a good typistů ok, I am pretty bad. When I enter data into RM, or anyplace else for that matter, I spend a lot of time correcting what I just typed in. Also, too many errors are not caught until later, if at all. Can RM be made to do error checking as data is entered? For example, a few minutes ago, I successfully entered a child into a family. When finished and accepted, the child was born and died before his mother was born! RM did not check it or stop me from entering the bad data. I know about the problem search capabilities of RM but why should I have to run a report to find these errors? When the report is done, the information I gathered is probably no longer at hand. I think there are all kinds of simplistic data checks that could and should be done at the time of entry. Can this be done?
Thanks,
Art

Confirming wish list item is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Glenn

Glenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:19 PM

Hi there. I agree with you. I have also come across the same problem. There should be an automated error checking facility in the RM. It will become an enhanced feature of RootsMagic 4. I like RootsMagic 4 products. They are awesome. I like to use them.

ALERT! WARNING! Don't know if it was just my computer or a real danger, but what I did after reading this message:
At the bottom of 'johanwhite's message was a "Toshiba coupon code"
I right clicked and selected "open in new tab".
My Avast! antivirus program presented "Trojan ... detected". Can't remember the full sentence; don't dare try again.
I typed the bolded words "ALERT! WARNING!" in upper case. "alert!" is displaying in lower case in message preview. "AlErT" (mixed case) is still in lower case in this sentence.

Good real estate may be based on location, location, location;
but
good sources are based on citation, citation, citation!

Glenn

#4 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3432 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:54 PM

At minimum, it is definitely just a spammer with no real question/knowledge/usage of RM ...just tacit agreement with topic or poster.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8243 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:38 AM

ALERT! WARNING! Don't know if it was just my computer or a real danger, but what I did after reading this message:
At the bottom of 'johanwhite's message was a "Toshiba coupon code"
I right clicked and selected "open in new tab".
My Avast! antivirus program presented "Trojan ... detected". Can't remember the full sentence; don't dare try again.
I typed the bolded words "ALERT! WARNING!" in upper case. "alert!" is displaying in lower case in message preview. "AlErT" (mixed case) is still in lower case in this sentence.

I was following this "johanwhite" around the message forums and got to your post last. (Would of saved time to find yours first.) I had clicked on the spam link to see what he was trying to sell and never got the notice of a trojan being detected. Hopefully we are both safe! Rest assured "johanwhite" and his posts have been removed from our forums.
Renee
RootsMagic

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8243 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

Confirming removed spammer comments and following posts on this thread.
Renee
RootsMagic