• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 onewom

onewom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:33 AM

I have been trying to delete some old databases without success. I have opened the database then gone to File - Delete Database. Typed in Yes and then OK. However the database stubbornly remains. Any suggestions please.

#2 dugb2

dugb2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

I have been trying to delete some old databases without success. I have opened the database then gone to File - Delete Database. Typed in Yes and then OK. However the database stubbornly remains. Any suggestions please.

#3 dugb2

dugb2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:20 AM

Never mind using RM to delete --
Go to wherever you have the file/folder --
Highlight the file/folder --
Right click on it --
Select delete.

#4 onewom

onewom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:50 AM

Never mind using RM to delete --
Go to wherever you have the file/folder --
Highlight the file/folder --
Right click on it --
Select delete.

#5 onewom

onewom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

Hi. Thank you for your suggestion. I gave it a try and when I search the computer files it now does not exist. Unfortunately when I go to RM it's is still there. Undestructible! I think I will have to live with it.

#6 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:42 AM

Not sure how RM3 reacts when the database files or their containing folder are write-protected, but right clicking the folder and selecting change attributes to remove the select of Read Only might help.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N