3 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Wornell

Kevin Wornell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:11 PM

I recently had to unlink a group of children from one couple, and then link them to another couple. They were originally linked to their father and one wife and in reality needed to be linked to a different mother. When I went to link the children to the correct parents I saw a way that the program could be a bit more efficient.

When adding a children to a family you can choose between adding a new person or an existing person in the database. If when you choose to add an existing person the selection list allowed you to select multiple people it would speed things up. Also if when adding children the selection list would highlight the first entry with the same surname in the selection list that would also speed things up a bit.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

I recently had to unlink a group of children from one couple, and then link them to another couple. They were originally linked to their father and one wife and in reality needed to be linked to a different mother. When I went to link the children to the correct parents I saw a way that the program could be a bit more efficient.

When adding a children to a family you can choose between adding a new person or an existing person in the database. If when you choose to add an existing person the selection list allowed you to select multiple people it would speed things up. Also if when adding children the selection list would highlight the first entry with the same surname in the selection list that would also speed things up a bit.

Confirming enhancement request has been added to our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Bill_Pa

Bill_Pa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:45 PM

I seek a similar enhancement whereby when "Selecting an Existing" FATHER, the selection list would highlight the first entry with the same surname, OR where it would be,  in the selection list would also speed things up a bit.

If this has been added to the "Tracking System", what is the proposed date of inclusion?

#4 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:01 AM

If this has been added to the "Tracking System", what is the proposed date of inclusion?

I've been coming here for over ten years and have observed and seen stated a number of times that the RootsMagic authors explicitly have a policy of not proposing, predicting or promising dates for possible implementations selected from the enhancement requests. And yes, it has been 4 years since Renee added this wish to the tracking system ;-)

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N