5 replies to this topic

#1 JeffH13

JeffH13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:48 PM

I just updated to 4.0.9.5 - I've probably missed the previous few updates. In narrative reports, I've always had my name and place indexes set to two columns. When one column filled to the bottom of the page, the second column would start. Now, RM takes the name entries and divides them into two equal-length columns which each go partly down the page. Same with places. I want the old way - did something change recently?

Jeff

#2 Viking

Viking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:15 PM

This is the same as the previous version. It is only on the last page and only if it is not a full page.

#3 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1690 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:05 PM

This is the same as the previous version. It is only on the last page and only if it is not a full page.

page looks nicer with even columns.

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8687 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

The narrative reports index display, that divides them into two equal-length columns, was changed sometime in version 4, due to user's enhancement requests.

I agree, the page looks nicer with even columns.
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 JeffH13

JeffH13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

The narrative reports index display, that divides them into two equal-length columns, was changed sometime in version 4, due to user's enhancement requests.

I agree, the page looks nicer with even columns.

I disagree. I wish it could be an option leaving it the way it was. I did a Windows "Restore" to get back to ver. 4.0.8.4 with the original columns option. I don't know how many users "voted" for this. I just looked at a number of random books and in all but one, the index entries filled the columns, leaving only the last column partially filled.

Jeff

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8687 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:13 AM

I disagree. I wish it could be an option leaving it the way it was. I did a Windows "Restore" to get back to ver. 4.0.8.4 with the original columns option. I don't know how many users "voted" for this. I just looked at a number of random books and in all but one, the index entries filled the columns, leaving only the last column partially filled.

I have added an enhancement request, to add the option to print the Narrative Report Index either full or even columns.
Renee
RootsMagic