23 replies to this topic

#21 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8454 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:49 PM

I'm still waiting for source citations to be fixed in GEDCOM export so I can use my data in other programs. :(

Not quite sure what your full issue is here. Could you expound on it? It would be best to open a new thread for discussion on this issue.
Renee
RootsMagic

#22 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8454 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:52 PM

I am having a problem with the new update. When I copy/paste into Individual notes I get a stream of

ΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛΛ

instead of what I copied to be pasted. Is anyone else having this problem?

The RootsMagician already has a fix for this issue. It will be included in the next update.
Renee
RootsMagic

#23 Jack

Jack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

Jack, you could export your database to gedcom and import it again into a new file, that should clean up a lot of unused places. Any places that have notes etc attached will remain with the database as these effectively become hard coded into the file.

Do a backup first and make sure on the export you check all the boxes you want like RM4 specific data and private facts.

Sounds like a good solution! Thanks for the suggestion.

Alfred's comments are also appropriate. I've worked back and forth, first using Place only to include such things as "name of cemetery, city, county, state." I'm now in the process of changing that structure to use Place Details for such things as "name of cemetery."
Jack

a posteriori

#24 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3407 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:09 AM

Sounds like a good solution! Thanks for the suggestion.

Alfred's comments are also appropriate. I've worked back and forth, first using Place only to include such things as "name of cemetery, city, county, state." I'm now in the process of changing that structure to use Place Details for such things as "name of cemetery."

Jack, I have taken the liberty of replying to your post on this thread rather than convoluting this one with various different issues.

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root