• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Viking

Viking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

I just completed creating a rather large book and noticed the following issues that I couldn't work around. This to to request some changes in future releases for the Publisher Book. My output is saved as a PDF.

Scrapbook problems-- using the [couple][person] it displays a name different than the selected person or couple in the TOC and in the final output.

FGS reports: - Using [couple or person] the chapter listing on the left side does not display the selected person or couple. The final output will have the selected person or couple.

PHOTO TREE - on the left side the name displayed is not the name in the Title line. The Title line is used in the final output.

George

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

I have noticed that with a scrapbook the name used in the title is the name or the person currently highlighted on the main view, not the selected person who's scrapbook is actually shown.
It is that way with the any scrapbook in the publisher too. You can list many different psesonal scrapbooks, but all of their titles where you use the [Person] field, will be of the person highlighted on the main screen at the time.
I think this has already been reported, but I am not sure.

So, until this is fixed, you will have to rename each scrapbook in your Publisher by clicking the rename button and typing in the correct name.

It is about the same with the photo tree, except that [person] prints out as [Person] on the tree page. You have to erase that and type in the title you want to appear.

There doesn't even appear to be a field for the couple in the Family group sheet title, so you have to type in the complete title.
Alfred

#3 bienia

bienia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:10 PM

The FGS problem was discussed a few days ago, and i submitted a Ticket highlighting this problem with the display within publisher.
-----------
Bill Bienia

RootsMagic Tips sheets: www.CobblestoneLegacies.com/resources.htm

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8699 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

I just completed creating a rather large book and noticed the following issues that I couldn't work around. This to to request some changes in future releases for the Publisher Book. My output is saved as a PDF.

Scrapbook problems-- using the [couple][person] it displays a name different than the selected person or couple in the TOC and in the final output.

FGS reports: - Using [couple or person] the chapter listing on the left side does not display the selected person or couple. The final output will have the selected person or couple.

PHOTO TREE - on the left side the name displayed is not the name in the Title line. The Title line is used in the final output.

George

I have reproduced all these errors/issues and reported them in our internal tracking system for resolution.
Renee
RootsMagic