• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 erv

erv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:47 AM

On Census (Family) we select the wife. It would reduce entry if there was a following screen to select those of the children living at home at the time of the census and have the census then appear on their individual detail as is done for the wife. Please!!

#2 BarryEvans

BarryEvans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:20 AM

Here here

#3 Guest_Wylma_*

Guest_Wylma_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2004 - 07:06 AM

I totally agree. This would be a great help!

#4 Cliff

Cliff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 09:23 PM

This feature would really make me smile
Cliff

#5 jjmick

jjmick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 03:47 PM

Would be a nice addition.

#6 Guest_JuJu_*

Guest_JuJu_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:59 PM

Great Addition to the program rolleyes.gif

#7 BlueSkies

BlueSkies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 07:39 PM

I would like to add to your wish list. Not only would I like to see the children displayed but I would like to enter the data that is on the Census for each person in a form. The form would be appropriate to the census year ( at least for the US Census... 1790, 1800....1920, 1930). Also, it would be great if a person living in the household could be added as a new person or via a search from the database.

I currently enter the census data in a spreadsheet and find the data invaluable when looking at various family members but it is very time consuming. It would also be nice to able to print out the data by Family/Dwelling number or sheet numbers or by family or for a person for his/her life span. (I don't want much wink.gif ). Maybe this could be in Version 4 or 5. smile.gif

Version 2 sounds great! Thanks.

#8 usma79

usma79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 08:23 PM

Yes, yes, yes[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:07 PM

In addition to including the children living in the household, I would like to be able to copy the information in the census fact to anyone I choose from the database. There are often siblings or in-laws in the household who could be included in this way.

Also having a blank census form available for each census year where we could key the information would be phenomenal. I, too, fill in the sheets by hand and refer to them often.

#10 nak

nak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 09:31 AM

I fully agree with BlueSkies (5/3/2004) and Guest (5/4/2004) re displaying children and entering census data on a form. It would also neaten up the printed family groupsheets. My census data entries never seem to line up and I have to spend time making adjustments to make it look neat. Also, having the family show. These would be great features.

#11 Guest_Randmill_*

Guest_Randmill_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2004 - 01:33 AM

Cross-referencing everyone in the data base with multiple census entries? Perhaps this can be done with an array of shortcuts - connecting each family member to a census database where the households are transcribed.

My method - as it is right now:
I place the transcribed census of the entire household only in the notes of the head of household.

In the "Fact type list" - I create the following:

*Census - (which I use if he/she is a child to the head of household).
**Census (which I use if he/she is a spouse to the head of household).
***Census (which I use if it's another relative).

By doing this I don't need to copy the entire census entry more than once. It works in gedcoms.