5 replies to this topic

#1 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:22 PM

An email from RootsMagic said: "We have released a minor update to RootsMagic 4. This update adds the ability to print place details in the place list report (Reports > Lists >
Place list), as well as fixes some bugs."

So I updated to 4.0.8.4 but can't figure out how to get Place Details to print.

When I "create report" and choose "print all places in database" with a checkmark in "Print place details", then Generate Report, I'm shown a list of all my Places. I don't see any Place details in the finished report.
~ Debbie

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

The Place details don't print if you check just "print all places in database". You have to also check "Print events that occurred in each place".

With that checked or "Print all events in a single place", the people linked to the place without a Place detail is printed, then Place detail is in bold with the people linked to that Place detail.

Laura
Laura

The following was overheard at a recent high society party...
"My ancestry goes all the way back to Alexander the Great," said one lady. She then turned to a second woman and asked, "How far does your family go back?"
"I don't know," was the reply. "All of our records were lost in the flood."
-on various web sites-

#3 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:29 PM

Thanks Laura, I see how it works now. It's not what I was expecting. I thought I could print a list of the Place Details associated with Places and nothing more (no events and names of people).
~ Debbie

#4 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2373 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:27 PM

Thanks Laura, I see how it works now. It's not what I was expecting. I thought I could print a list of the Place Details associated with Places and nothing more (no events and names of people).

It's a good enhancement to see and a step in the right direction.

I still look forward to the Print all Events at A Place Details and I believe the ability to print a list of the Place Details associated with Places and nothing more will also come, it's logical.

Software Comparisons - Place Management - How other software packages stack up.
Media Gallery (a critical look) - Written when RM4 was introduced but still applies today.

Relaxation is the key to life and this is where I get some time to relax and catch up on my hobby and research s the key to life and this is where I get some time to catch up on me genealogy work and research

#5 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3665 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

... and I believe the ability to print a list of the Place Details associated with Places and nothing more will also come, it's logical.

Sure is logical; still waiting...

Tom user of RM6314 FTM2014 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celtiwiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#6 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2373 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

I still look forward to the Print all Events at A Place Details and I believe the ability to print a list of the Place Details associated with Places and nothing more will also come, it's logical.

A long time ago and still waiting, I would suggest many more buttons could be added to the Place Details UI, see below.

1. AutoMerge option to AutoMerge identical Place Details

2. A Geocode button which sends Place Details and mother Place to Bing Maps.

3. A Print button to Print all events at the highlighted Place Detail.

4. A top level button to present the Print Events near a Place options.

Posted Image

Software Comparisons - Place Management - How other software packages stack up.
Media Gallery (a critical look) - Written when RM4 was introduced but still applies today.

Relaxation is the key to life and this is where I get some time to relax and catch up on my hobby and research s the key to life and this is where I get some time to catch up on me genealogy work and research