• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TNGeneWhiz

TNGeneWhiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:36 AM

I've got version 1.04b on my computer. The database is small -- maybe 50 people. (I'm creating multiple small databases to keep the sources manageable, then merging everything when done.) Running Win2000 with plenty of RAM and disk space.

If I incorrectly link an individual to a family, then go back and unlink him/her leaving the individual with no connections in the database, the computer will -- 90% of the time -- return a completely blank individual information screen -- no names, dates, or anything else -- with a Question Mark (?) in the sex field. If I'm in Pedigree View, I get a blank "box" for the first person.

When I then click on Search / Person List to go back to the individual I need to correctly link, I get the "Roots Magic has generated errors" fatal error dialogue, or else it just closes the program with no error message showing.

I've rebuilt the index, thinking there might be a funky record someplace, but it didn't help.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 01:57 PM

I am not able to get exactly this behavior.

There was/is a problem with double clicking on someone in the explorer window when that double click would be in the child portion of the Family View if the explorer weren’t there. Slide the Explorer to the very top of your family view screen, either select someone who is not overlaying the child portion of the background or highlight the person and use the Enter key or click the [Select] button.

This may help, I am not sending along any guarantees.

Alfred