• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 P Ivanyo

P Ivanyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

At present there are three places to attach media to an individual....on the edit person screen, as source media, and as detail media. But only the first activates the check-box on the edit person screen indicating that there is media attached to that person or fact. I would really love to see this modified to activate the check-box on that screen if media is posted at any of those levels, so we can see at a glance whether media exists about that person or fact. I'm ok with something like a different colored check-mark for source or detail media if needed to differentiate; I just want to see a check-mark there when something is attached.

#2 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3407 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:02 PM

Media, media, media eh!, I agree with your wish although it might actually be hard to find the attached media without some indication of where it is attached. We can now attach media to Sources, Place and Place Details and the program does need some way to easily show this media exists and where it is linked.

It's up for discussion but perhaps some list whether from hovering over the Media Icon or on the Edit Person screen but I know exactly what you mean as if there is media there I probably want to view it from time to time, so need to know it exists.

After some brain storming with other members you can see one suggestion for Places and Place Details here - http://www.vyger.co....ce-details.html

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root