• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bchaplin

bchaplin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:41 AM

After watching a demo of Family Atlas I was excited to buy it. However I noticed it isn't available to order via download; I have to buy the CD. Which makes me worry, because I hope the CD isn't required to have in my computer each time I run the program. Can anyone let me know?

(And if so, can I do this by creating a virtual disk? I would eventually be running this program on a MacBook Air, via Windows7 on Parallels, and it has no optical drive.)

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:31 PM

No, the CD does not have to be in the player to run the program. I haven't seen the CD for a few years but have run the program.

It is a rather large database so, If I remember correctly, you can choose whether you want to load the whole thing on your hard drive or not. (I MAY have that option mixed with some other program though, I am getting more forgetful. :( )

With nearly all hard drives large enough to store a few movies, there is not much reason not to load the entire thing onto the hard drive any more.
Alfred

#3 bchaplin

bchaplin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:59 PM

Awesome, thanks!!!
I am so looking forward to getting this program.
Beth

No, the CD does not have to be in the player to run the program. I haven't seen the CD for a few years but have run the program.

It is a rather large database so, If I remember correctly, you can choose whether you want to load the whole thing on your hard drive or not. (I MAY have that option mixed with some other program though, I am getting more forgetful. :( )

With nearly all hard drives large enough to store a few movies, there is not much reason not to load the entire thing onto the hard drive any more.