Photo

The @ ("living") switch still seems to be broken!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wfb

wfb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:36 AM

Folks,

It has been almost a year since I reported that the "@" (i.e. "living") switch did not seem to be working. For example, if my sentence template includes the following:

<[Date]>< [Person]> is <@Alive|Dead>.

I always seem to get the "Dead" wording! I just tried the "@" switch again, and it STILL seems to be broken! Since I can't find anyone else who has complained about this rather important (it seems) feature of RootsMagic 4, I wonder if I'm doing something wrong?

Any comments/suggestion on the use of the "@" switch would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Wayne

#2 bienia

bienia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:53 PM

This was working at one time when I was running tests for the template language during the beta to determine how multiple roles were treated. I recall this switch was confusing at first (for me), but it worked. I cannot get it to work no matter what I do today in 4.0.7.1.

Since I write everything in past tense, I haven't used this switch in a long time.
-----------
Bill Bienia

RootsMagic Tips sheets: www.CobblestoneLegacies.com/resources.htm

#3 wfb

wfb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:47 PM

Bienia,

Thanks for the extra info! Unfortunately, I didn't test this switch on all releases of RootsMagic 4, so I can't confirm that it actually worked at some point. I have a still-open "ticket" (# 368-117EA0C9-1981) for this problem, but have never received any "official" reply/update from the RootsMagic folks. Would you know any more effective way of getting this "bug" addressed (and hopefully fixed)?

Many thanks,
Wayne

#4 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2068 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

Wayne, about all you can do is to report the issue in the Issues forum and/or submit a ticket. The problem will be logged and hopefully fixed in an update-to-come.

#5 wfb

wfb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:50 PM

Folks,

Has anyone heard if this problem has been resolved in the update to RM4 that is (supposedly) due out at the end of the month?

Wayne

#6 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2068 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:03 PM

Wayne, you may have to wait until the update is released in order to find out, as it's quite infrequent that news in advance as to what's in an update is released.

Based on feedback in recent weeks, the update should be happening in the very short term based on the general timeframe suggested. End-of-the-month seems to be several weeks beyond what had been previously mentioned. Had you heard otherwise?

#7 wfb

wfb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

No, I don't have any specific info on when the update is to be released. I seem to recall, though, someone mentioning "end of the month" in regard to a problem relating to "Place Details" associated with a blank "Place". I hope you are correct that the update will be released sooner than that!

Wayne

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8446 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:49 PM

<[Date]>< [Person]> is <@Alive|Dead>.

I always seem to get the "Dead" wording! I just tried the "@" switch again, and it STILL seems to be broken! Since I can't find anyone else who has complained about this rather important (it seems) feature of RootsMagic 4, I wonder if I'm doing something wrong?

- Fixed: Living flag @ in sentence templates
VERSION 4.0.8.3 (4/11/2010)
Renee
RootsMagic